Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 186 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Oh you soooo funny. I know this boat will survey quite nicely. I'm not playing the beat it up and lets knock some money off game...... Just need a number for the insurance.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I installed 120v wiring around the perimeter of the aft deck, then cut the frame members for the transom where I'll butt joint some mahogany panels shortly. It's looking good!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Wiring the Aft Deck Floor Boxes

Cheers,
    Q

The framing for the transom mahogany plywood is done. I also temporarily installed the aft deck zigzag floor boxes so I can start fitting those panels. They're looking super nice!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Deck Transom Framing and Floor Box Test Fit

Cheers,
    Q

Looks nice.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Thanks!
    I like your avatar!

Before I can splash the boat, she's gotta have helm doors. But before she can have helm doors, I have to make helm door openings. So I took the last of the big sticks of mahogany out and machined them down to make timbers for the interior portion of the helm slider door openings. I had a bit of a machine SNAFU that needed fixing but eventually got some pros to help get it squared away. Note to self: next time an unmarked 220v motor capacitor dies, don't guess what the rating is!

Anyway, we're still making progress and things are looking good.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Helm Door Frames in Heavy Mahogany

Cheers,
    Q

I started with this

And ended up with these

I got the three mahogany plywood panels cut and fitted for the transom. The curve of the deck made those more challenging than you might think. But they turned out OK.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Deck Transom Mahogany Panels

Cheers,
    Q

I made some solid mahogany filler pieces to fill a gap between the aluminum transom step-through and the plywood. They're only three little pieces of wood, but getting the fit just right was surprisingly time consuming.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Transom Door Step-through Mahogany Filler Pieces

Cheers,
    Q

As always - looking great!

Looks terrific. I don't know what you plan to use to finish the molding, but a year or so ago, I did all the aft bulkhead brightwork on my boat with Awlwood- including the salon door sill which I've been stepping on for over a year. Holding up quite well. I'd recommend it, if you plan to have a wooden molding in there that will get walked on.