Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 186 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Tricel isn't likely to obey steaming, racking, or torture.

Also, if I managed to twist it, imagine what that'd look like when it was folded open.

Looks good to me, and I think your solution is the best practical one.

Thanks Jim!

The salon hatches are turning out better than I expected. I made some mahogany bits to go around the perimeter of the hatches and fill the gaps between them, the slightly twisted dashboard opening, and the salon door.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Fitting the Salon Entry Folding Hatch

Cheers,
    Q

No you can't tell, and it looks really good. Hope things are calming down for you.

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Thanks Jim!

The salon hatches are turning out better than I expected. I made some mahogany bits to go around the perimeter of the hatches and fill the gaps between them, the slightly twisted dashboard opening, and the salon door.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Fitting the Salon Entry Folding Hatch

Cheers,
    Q

Sweet I have to see if my 67 Hatts are save able, or just making new ones.

It's been a while since I posted. I mentioned in the blog a few months ago that I'm dealing with a personal crisis. Well...the personal crisis was that I had a new supervisor at work who'd been abusive since he first got the job. Over the last year it got so bad that I filed a civil rights complaint against him. He retaliated by firing me, effective February 2020. I explain the whole sordid tale from a page linked from my Roamer blog article that I posted today.

Speaking of the Roamer, I had a backlog of things to write up before all of this latest drama started, and I'll be catching up on those now, time permitting. Needless to say, my priority is paying the bills and once again becoming gainfully employed.

The article I posted today covers the final assembly and varnishing of the folding salon hatch. It turned out really nicely, if I do say so myself.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Final Fitting, Finishing, and Assembling the Salon Entry Folding Hatch

Cheers,
    Q

Gorgeous. So talented.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks!

Next I got to work on the starboard side mahogany paneling for the aft deck. It's looking good!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Deck Mahogany Plywood Install II

Cheers,
    Q

Perhaps he did you a favor, since you don't have to work around him anymore. Hope you find a new job and that progress continues on the Roamer, which is looking fantastic. As soon as they let us drive around again, I'd like to come down and see it.

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    It's been a while since I posted. I mentioned in the blog a few months ago that I'm dealing with a personal crisis. Well...the personal crisis was that I had a new supervisor at work who'd been abusive since he first got the job. Over the last year it got so bad that I filed a civil rights complaint against him. He retaliated by firing me, effective February 2020. I explain the whole sordid tale from a page linked from my Roamer blog article that I posted today.

Speaking of the Roamer, I had a backlog of things to write up before all of this latest drama started, and I'll be catching up on those now, time permitting. Needless to say, my priority is paying the bills and once again becoming gainfully employed.

The article I posted today covers the final assembly and varnishing of the folding salon hatch. It turned out really nicely, if I do say so myself.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Final Fitting, Finishing, and Assembling the Salon Entry Folding Hatch

Cheers,
    Q

I'm jelly wanna do mine
    Attached Images