Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 186 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Yeah, I have two card readers. The stupid new micro computer has fewer USB ports than I need. And I know, there are USB hubs. None of that helps losing the card in the past, and having them won't make the card loss-proof in the future. I just need to be more careful with it.

That said, I wrapped up the last step for the aft deck headliner--installing the OEM light fixtures, upgraded with 10w 12v LED corn bulbs.

I'd been experimenting with them for a while and discovered that even though they run much cooler than 60w incandescent bulbs, if there's no vent at the top of the fixture they're in, they cook themselves dead pretty quickly. So, I drilled some vent holes in the reflector behind the bulb, polished everything with Collinite 810 Chrome Wax, and installed them. It's really nice coming up the ladder now and seeing that major part of the project done.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the OEM lights On The Aft Deck

Cheers,
    Q

Really beautiful. After this part of the boat is done, what's next on your agenda?

What do you plan to do with the various soles? I'm curious as to what you'll use on them.

Thanks!

Next, I've got to wrap up all of the wall panels on the aft deck. Then I get to teach myself kitchen cabinetmaking. I plan to go with the face frame approach.

We like hardwood floors with Rug Buddy heaters under them and area rugs. Maybe bamboo...maybe engineered...haven't decided yet.

It's starting to look more and more like a boat instead of a doomed project with every passing weekend!

While I was working on the solid mahogany pieces I installed on the aft deck a while back, I was also cutting plywood panels to use as cabinets near the helm. I got the starboard side installed over the holiday, and it looks good! All of the interior panels are friction fit, with just a few screws to lock them in. If I ever need to get behind the panel to access the wiring there, it takes about 2 minutes to remove the interior cabinet panels. Eventually I'll install a shelf to cover the countersunk screw heads and finish the door. But that can come later.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Helm Station Side Cabinets

Cheers,
    Q

Before I could install the port helm side cabinet, I had to install a complicated little piece of mahogany veneer to the skinny bulkhead panel to the left of the salon door.

"Progress"

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Applying Mahogany Veneer to the Port Side Helm Bulkhead

Cheers,
    Q

These are looking great. Next time I come to visit, I'm not going to recognize your boat. Happy New Year and thanks for sharing this epic project with all of us.

Your working abilities are fantastic to say the least. You are so talented. Well done.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks guys! And Happy New Year to you, too!

Happy New Year!

The good news is, I got the port helm cabinet installed and the project has been progressing pretty well recently.

The bad news is, the marina sold to an outfit that doesn't like DIY projects. After two different new managers told me that they understand my situation and that my project is an exception, the latest manager has informed me the tent and boat have to be gone by spring. This really complicates things.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Port Helm Side Cabinet

Cheers,
    Q

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Happy New Year!

The good news is, I got the port helm cabinet installed and the project has been progressing pretty well recently.

The bad news is, the marina sold to an outfit that doesn't like DIY projects. After two different new managers told me that they understand my situation and that my project is an exception, the latest manager has informed me the tent and boat have to be gone by spring. This really complicates things.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Port Helm Side Cabinet

Cheers,
    Q

Just finish all of the things that have to be completed to launch it and finish the interior in the water. It just needs to float. So you need it water tight and you need working bilge pumps. If your running gear is installed, everything else can be done in the water.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI