Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 186 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

I need to wrap up all of the electrical stuff in the ceiling of the aft deck before the headliner installer can come in and work his magic. So I've been getting the helm station radio box I made fitted and attaching electronic bits to make sure it will work as intended.

"Progress"

But I had to laugh as I pulled the brand-spankin'-new JVC stereo out of the box. I bought this thing in...must have been 2014...and at the time it was a good little modern car stereo. Fast forward to 2019 when I finally opened the box and...drumroll please...it's got a CD player!

Put differently, I've been so slow on this refit that my brand new electronics are obsolete by the time I finally get around to installing them!

Then again, I've got a 1946 Zenith AM/FM console at home with a Cobra Head 6 platter auto-changer that'll spin everything from 78s to LPs. Obsolete tech is sorta my thing. But still, it made me laugh.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Helm Station Radio Box II

Cheers,
    Q

If you have to replace the JVC stereo ( I have never owned one so I don't know how they hold up) I recommend Alpine. I went through three Sonys on my boat before I bought an Alpine, years ago. Still in there. Nice installation, btw. If you want something with older styling but still all the functions, look at Continental car audio units on eBay from ECS Tuning in Carolina. I just put one in my Land Cruiser and like it a lot. Older styling but all the mod cons.

I was thinking a nice old Vintage A.M radio would be nice Q need something to still be Old....

But then again I didn't leave anything Old behind with the rebuild but now the crew is so I think that counts!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    I was thinking a nice old Vintage A.M radio would be nice
    The automotive restoration arena has a slew of radios that LOOK period, but the today's technology is inside it.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

The ones I see most often are made by RetroSound, but unfortunaely they are not very good. Their speakers aren't much good either.

However, the VDO/Continental ones sold by ECS Tuning in (I think) SC? are VERY good. Great vintage look, excellent sound, and easy to install with a DIN sleeve. I just bought a second one- the first is in my Land Cruiser. They have models with AUX input, BlueTooth, preamp out-- the works. The manuals are a bit think but it can be easily figured out. They are also available in orange or green illuminatin.

Jim, do you have a link to those radios? I wasn't able to find anything on ebay.

I pulled the radio box down for the last time and installed the exhaust fan. That was a bit nerve wracking, since I had to cut slots in the pretty mahogany box. In retrospect, I should have done that before I even assembled the box. Fortunately, everything turned out OK. In other good news, the temp-sensing fan controller works! I aimed a heat gun up toward the sensor and after a few seconds it came on!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Helm Station Radio Box III

Cheers,
    Q

1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Look on eBay. They are sold by ECS Tuning in Carolina. I got mine on eBay.

Search on eBay for Continental radio. You can find it in ECS Tuning's web site, but it isn't easy. You have to look by brand, and Continental sells a lot of other products through ECS. But I like the radio a lot. I saw one in a vintage Porsche 911, and liked it enough I bought two of them./

I'm not seeing anything that looks classic when I search ebay for Continental radio.

But I am getting very close to being done with the headliner installation prep. I installed mounting panels for a couple of speakers and glued and screwed mahogany cleats all around the perimeter, so the Whisper Wall headliner tracks have something solid to attach to. One more weekend, and I'll be ready for the headliner installer.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Deck Headliner Track Prep

Cheers,
    Q

The headliner installer wrapped up the salon install, too.