Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 186 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

This is Great Thread, Thank You for sharing. I really enjoy clicking from one page to the next and checking out the pictures. Curious, did you already complete the Mechanical and Electrical portion of this build or is that next?
    Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Good advice, and a goo d excuse for me to give him the fixture.
    I would be very interested in that OA Lamp

Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Looks beautiful. I've the light here. At some point I'll run down there and you can look at it. If we can figure out a place to mount it, you should have it.

I'm STILL trying to figure out how to get one onto my boat. No mast. I've got some ideas, though.
    You should come check the joint out sometime soon. Lots has happened since your last visit. Bring the OA light and we'll see if there's a place it would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by sgharford View Post
    This is Great Thread, Thank You for sharing. I really enjoy clicking from one page to the next and checking out the pictures. Curious, did you already complete the Mechanical and Electrical portion of this build or is that next?
    Thanks!
    The mechanical stuff isn't 'done done', but it's pretty close to done. LOL
    Basically, I need to weld in standpipes for the raw water intakes, then install the strainers and hoses. Fuel lines are in place but I need to do the tank and engine connections. Genset is looking very pretty but not hooked up to anything. Each one is a weekend job, more or less...if everything goes perfectly, which isn't the safe bet on this refit.
    Electrical is about the same. The 12v side is all powered up, though there are lots of things I haven't hooked up yet (bilge pumps...that sort of thing). The 220v stuff (drier) is wired, but the 120v side still needs to be secured, boxes and fixtures installed.

Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLE View Post
    I would be very interested in that OA Lamp

Art
    They are available from Sam's. They have them in stock.

I started building the helm side cabinets recently, before I installed the bulkhead veneer. They're looking pretty good, too!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Helm Station Mahogany III

Cheers
    Q

Kudos to you for saving all that wood you took out of the interior. I bet that's the real deal, old Honduras mahogany. I don't think you can buy that anymore, can you?

Cabinet looks great.

On the one hand, I'm glad I kept it. The old lumber has been really handy, and it's pretty, too.

On the other hand, for a decade that crap was under foot and otherwise in the way back home in my garage. LOL I'm glad it's finally going away.

Speaking of wood piling up underfoot, the mahogany plywood panels were starting to get in the way, so I did some varnishing and installed a few. The aft deck looks sooo much better with them in place.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Deck Mahogany Plywood Install I

Cheers,
    Q

You know how on big projects, you slave away forever doing the prep work, and everything looks pretty ugly the whole time, and then BAM! It all comes together in a flash and looks great?

The helm station mahogany kinda went like that.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Helm Station Mahogany IV

Cheers,
    Q