Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 186 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

The helm station radio box is looking good. So next I jumped on the One-Mile Ray searchlight install. The light sure looks nice rechromed and assembled. But I found a surprise in the hardtop ceiling when I went to install it.

That seems to be a pattern with this refit...

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: One-Mile Ray Searchlight

Cheers,
    Q

The good part

The bad part

Q, I have the same spotlight and was contemplating the same rechroming. Ball park what did that run to have done? I think these are th touches that make these old boats truly special!
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

I believe I spent ~$800 rechroming all of the bits and pieces of this One-Mile Ray.

Thanks. That’s what I figured, and pretty fair for what it is. Can’t buy anything that nice for $800!
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

If I owned a MY, instead of a convertible, I'd have two things for certain- a big searchlight, like this one, and an "owner/absent" light on the mast. Do you have space for an OA light, Q?

I've never heard of an owner/absent light. The original Chris Craft mast has a forward facing white nav light and an all-round anchor light on top. What's an owner/absent light look like and what's the purpose?

As part of the prep work for getting the headliner installed on the aft deck, I had to install the radio antennas. I installed the AM/FM antenna on the port side hand rail and the marine band/cell booster on the starboard side. Running the coax cables through the stainless tubing made for a nice, clean look. The rechromed handrail ends look great.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Antennas

Cheers,
    Q

Owner absent light is for the robbers so they know no one is onboard
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Owner absent light looks like a dumbbell with a blue light on one end and a white light on the other. Does your boat have a mast of any kind, and if so, can you send me a photo? If there's sapce for an OA light, I will give you one.

The OA light goes on one of the mast wings that project sideways from the main body of the mast. I think larger Hatteras yachts had them; not sure about what they build now. They are also called "Meal/Absent" lights. I'll Google it and post what I find, or message you.

Goes on the starboard yardarm from the mast. Mounts under the yardarm, I think. Perko still make it. Very cool touch, most people will have no idea what it is. If you have a photo of the boat's mast, can you post it?