Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 186 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Makes me want it for my boat. Maybe during the winter....

The installer is in Annapolis, I believe. Let me know if you want me to put him in contact with you.

It's been a while since we started the V-berth headliner installation. With the aft stateroom done, the installer headed forward and wrapped up the front end of the boat. Once he was done, I installed the Kai LEDs. It turned out great!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Wrapping Up the V-berth Headliner Installation

Cheers,
    Q

What a beauty!!!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, next I had to take a couple steps back to fix a problem that popped up way back in December 2013, about a week after we finished the exterior paint. Long cracks showed up on the inside of the window openings in the galley. I'd asked the paint crew to fix cracks that were there before we painted, but they didn't do a very good job and the cracks came back. Before we can put the salon headliner tracks in, I have to pull the windows and have the painter fix the cracks. We decided a layer of fiberglass would help the filler stay together, so this turned out to be a messy job.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Galley Crack Repair

Cheers,
    Q

"Veeing" out the cracks

Fiberglass over new filler

I really like the ostrich vinyl! Do you have any details on the material?

It all looks great Quentin.

Congrats on be the Hottest tech page on the forum the morning funny is #1 but yours is the #1 technical thread

Keep at it.
    Stay Strong.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I have achieved my goal!!!

I wasn't actually trying to do a refit...I just wanted a #1 slot on the Hatt forum!

That said, as many of you know, it's been a hot week. In the tent, it's beyond Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take this kind of heat. So I stayed home and worked on turning a spare bedroom into a sewing room for the missus. Such a tiny, tiny little project...

But before it got scorching, the Boatamalan painter came in and sprayed the galley window openings where he did the crack repair. He also fixed a crack that appeared at the salon entryway to the aft deck. That crack was holding up me installing the facia boards at the entryway, which was holding up the headliner installer putting in the Whisper Wall tracks. So getting that painted will finally let us move forward on the salon headliner installation.

Progress.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Painting the Galley Window Openings

Cheers,
    Q

No more crack at the salon entryway!

No more cracks in the galley window openings!

Quote Originally Posted by scallywag View Post
    I really like the ostrich vinyl! Do you have any details on the material?
    Whisper Wall has a pretty good website with all kinds of info on their various products: http://www.whisperwalls.com/fabric_guide_gs/fabric.php

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    I have achieved my goal!!!

I wasn't actually trying to do a refit...I just wanted a #1 slot on the Hatt forum!

LOL

I realized that but wasn't going to say anything

Its been a very good enjoyable thread and I applaud your drive, persistence and craftsmanship.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Whisper Wall has a pretty good website with all kinds of info on their various products: http://www.whisperwalls.com/fabric_guide_gs/fabric.php
    Super! Thanks