Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 186 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

I've got a lot of finished mahogany that's awaiting ICA base coat varnish. The last bit I needed to finish was the bottom edge on the sliding door box in the aft stateroom. That's the part that covers the sliding door track and roller at the ceiling. I thought about just shaving off a bit of mahogany solid stock to cover the ugly plywood edge but instead went with veneer.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Wrapping up the Aft Stateroom Sliding Door Box

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

Very nice. Where do you source the ICA? Spent some time on their website, but the only sellers I found were in Europe.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Thanks!
    I've always bought ICA through the Boatamalan painter. I suspect Weaver sourced it from Paxton.

Sent them a request for info. As an aside, I'm heading for Milan tonight. Hmmm.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

How was the 4th of July in Milan? ;-)

I got wrapped up with some stuff going into the Independence Day holiday and forgot to hit the Publish button on my last blog article until the weekend! I got ICA polyurethane varnish laid down on that aft stateroom bulkhead and a bunch of mahogany pieces. It didn't turn out too bad!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Varnishing the Aft Stateroom Entryway

Cheers,
    Q

Don't forget...this was the "before" not too long ago

And the midway shot

This is the "after" shot, but remember--this is just the ICA base coat, which will be sanded flat before two coats of matte top coat get sprayed on.

We got most of the aft stateroom Whisper Wall headliner installed. I have to say, this stuff is much, much nicer than the thin, perforated headliner that's commonly used on boats. Once the headliner installer was out of the way, I went and installed some more Kai LEDs and one of the OEM light fixtures. But instead of using the 12v 40w incandescent heaters they used back in the day, I went with 12v 10w corn LED bulbs from ebay. They put out ~75w equivalent light but at a fraction of the amp consumption.

Progress.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Stateroom Headliner Installation II

Cheers,
    Q

Looking aft

Looking forward

Drumroll please....

The aft stateroom headliner is a wrap. Turned out sweet, too. I had a bit of a hiccup with the OEM sliding screen, but the solution worked out well and looks nice, too.

Progress. Booya.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Wrapping Up the Aft Stateroom Headliner Installation

Cheers,
    Q

The last headliner panel

Done

The hatch sliding screen

Looks amazing. What does Whisper Wall cost? Makes me think of replacing the headliners in my boat....

Looks fantastic Q.... Be sure to post pictures of the stateroom after you remove all the cardboard and
    masking tape. I believe your boat will be nicer and much better than when it left the factory new. All
    the materials such as wood, headliners, insulation etc.... are all improvements on the original.

Walt

Thanks guys!

Jim, I got the roll of Whisper Wall at cost because it was a leftover from one of Weaver's boats. $1154 for the whole unopened roll. And four tubes of track in three styles for $1000.