Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 186 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Thanks guys, but the credit belongs to the WW installer.

OK....I'll take credit for being insane enough to take on this thing, and for the absurd amount of time it took to get the Kai LED mounting panels installed at just the right spot....and the wiring...and the fascia panels.

But that's it!

HA!

Ring or txt me, Jim. I plan to be there Saturday and Sunday until it gets hot enough to make lava.

I'm happy to see your progress. It looks great.

That headliner and track is very cool. does the vinyl just push into the track, or is there some other piece involved?
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Thanks guys!

riverrandy, a couple of blog posts back I posted a pic of the tools the guy uses to install the headliner. They're like very heavy duty, rounded putty knives, and he uses them to push the headliner into the track.

In other news, the trim ring for the aft stateroom hatch hole is looking great! Chris Craft used aluminum molding, which had some corrosion coming through the anodizing. I decided to go with mahogany.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Stateroom Hatch Finish Panel

Cheers,
    Q

It was hard putting that veneer in the hatch hole. I cut the piece a half inch or so bigger than the height of the tube, which only gave me 1/4" of leeway top and bottom. And it was four feet long, so if I didn't have it aligned just right at the start, it'd run out of alignment as I went around the hole pushing it in place. Anyway, I got it in and I have to say...it looks pretty good. Definitely better than the white paint Chris Craft used.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Mahogany Veneer on the Aft Stateroom Hatch Hole

Cheers,
    Q

Before (sanded and ready for contact cement)

After (with 3 coats of ICA base clear)

Looks beautiful as always. You should screw something up to just make sure everyone' still watching. LOL

NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Looks beautiful as always. You should screw something up to just make sure everyone' still watching. LOL

NOT.
    Isn't that Murphy's Law?

I'm waiting for the official unveiling.

Walt

So are a few other folks... me, for example.

It’s probably going to be put into the Smithsonian. Never to see water again.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California