Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 186 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

There is no argument that the headliners are stunningly gorgeous for all the reasons you've stated. The ONLY question I would ask myself is whether I would be OK with not being able to get behind them once installed.....

My MO is to use panels that are padded/stretched on wood and then mounted with fasteners. Yes, it's not as clean. But with some creativity the fasteners can be hidden behind accent wood and I can get behind them if I have to.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

If I need to get up behind the headliner, I just have to use a putty knife with rounded edges to dig the material out of the track. Once I'm done doing whatever, just spritz the material with water, which allows it to stretch more than when it's dry, and put it back in the track. When the water dries, the HL is retensioned.

Pretty cool, eh?

Interesting.... Could you possibly post a picture of the profile of the track (a "slice" view) ? If you've done so I missed it.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Can't wait to see the finished photos of the headliner. Also glad you hear it is working out, since a lot of the subs on this project have been, shall we say, less than satisfactory.

If you're going to be in the neighborhood in coming weekends, let me know. Seeing it in person is more fun.

I'm working on some things in the V-berth, so the headliner installer got busy in the aft stateroom. He got three panels installed, then I went through and installed the Kai LED lights. This is looking really good!

Oh, and I've got to give a big shout out to HOF member Bayside Bert54, who generously donated the Kai lights after they didn't fit in his Hatt. THANK YOU!!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Aft Stateroom Headliner Install Begins

Cheers,
    Q

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    If you're going to be in the neighborhood in coming weekends, let me know. Seeing it in person is more fun.
    I'll call you and come down. I have some free time right now.

The WW panels look fantastic. This boat is going to be epic. Well, it already is.

You are so talented.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California