Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 186 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

I use grommets where soft things pass through metal bulkheads, but for holes through wood I just radius the hole edges with a router or hand sand, then seal up the hole with epoxy. That serves the dual purpose of fully sealing every wooden panel, so no water in any form will have an easy time getting into the wood or up under the finish, and also leaving a smooth plastic surface that doesn't chafe.

On the headliner, I bought a roll of Whisper Wall material. It's quite different than traditional headliner material, though I've done perforated headliners with a bazzillion staples, too. Whisper Wall is what Weaver Boatworks uses on their multi-million dollar sportfishermen. The roll I got was a leftover. The neat thing about it is that it's installed with a sort of putty knife-like tool, pushed up between a plastic track and the wall that it seals against. You can pull a bit down if you need to access an area, then spritz the material with water and reinstall it. As it dries, the material tightens up. It's also got great insulation properties, both acoustic and thermal. It's expensive, but since I never, ever plan to ever do anything even remotely close to this ever again, doing it with nice stuff once seemed like the way to go.

Interesting. I know you will fully document, so I’ll keep an open mind about my approach and follow your effort closely.

“...but since I never, ever plan to ever do anything even remotely close to this ever again...”

I flat out don’t believe you. I’ll tell Rusty to move this remark to the “Morning Funny” thread. :-)

DAN
    Last edited by drburke; 08-30-2018 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Info

I was getting sick of spending every single weekend in the boatyard, so I took the Labor Day weekend off and spent time on other hobbies of mine. It turns out that many of the same skills and abilities used in cabinetmaking also come in handy gunsmithing!

Anyway, after a long weekend away I got busy in the aft stateroom laundry closet next, which had the benefit of being lower in the boat and, therefore, much cooler while summer winds down. I did some woodworking, then installed 8/4 cable to a breaker sub-panel that will power the big appliances back here--the washer, dryer, and AC unit.

"Progress"

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Back Into the Aft Stateroom

Cheers,
    Q

I got the laundry closet ceiling panel fitted and the backside insulated. There was a bit of a hitch along the way, but everything turned out OK.

This is coming along nicely!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Fitting the Laundry Closet Ceiling

Cheers,
    Q

After making the box for the dryer vent that will fit into the back wall, I mixed up some white-tinted epoxy and coated the visible surfaces. They turned out pretty good!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: More Progress in the Laundry Closet

Cheers.
    Q

I got the vent box and ceiling panel installed in the laundry closet.

"Progress"

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Panels in the Laundry Closet

Cheers,
    Q

I got the walls in the laundry closet coated. The missus wanted a brown side wall and floor but a white back wall. Who am I to question why? Either way, it turned out pretty well.

I'm also thinking about changing the platform away from the Wordpress photo journal blog and starting a Youtube channel. Anybody know anything about that?

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Painting Panels in the Laundry Closet

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

Is the plumbing coming down from above behind the machine there?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

What machine?

The washing machine plumbing(faucets) will go through the white back wall.

I got the last panel in the laundry closet made (twice, in fact!), and hit it and the aft wall with a base coat of spar urethane. It's kind of nice working in small spaces...things get done faster!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Final Panel In the Laundry Closet

Cheers,
    Q