Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 186 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

I wrapped up the last insulated plywood panel install inside the starboard salon cabinetry. I am sick and tired of spending the weekend inside cabinets, so the timing's perfect. All of the other insulated panels in this cabinet have been just clear epoxy coated...a fact I wasn't thinking about when I mixed up a big pot of epoxy and tinted it white for another panel. I figured I'd do all of them at the same time. It was only when I went to install it that I realized this is the only white insulated panel. It won't matter since they're up inside the cabinet and will probably never be seen by any guest, but still, I laughed when I realized what I'd done.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Wrapping Up the ‘Behind the Scenes’ Starboard Salon Cabinetry

Cheers,
    Q

I dove back into the V-berth to button up one of the holes through the hull, specifically, the AC raw water outlet. As long as I'm installing a hose there, I decided to just get the raw water supply hose and all of the electrical done at the same time.

"Pro-gress"

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Back Into the V-Berth

Cheers,
    Q

I got most of the ducting installed for the V-berth AC, which was the only thing holding me up from installing the last mahogany plywood panels. I used 4" insulated flexible duct going to the main outlet at the front of the V-berth. But because of the limited space crossing over to the starboard side, I decided to use 2" PVC as the duct supplying the head. I'll use a booster fan at the head AC outlet to pull more air through, but that'll happen later.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: V-Berth Air Conditioner Ducting

Cheers,
    Q

With the ducts, wiring, and plumbing installed, the last step was to install the final mahogany panels in the V-berth. I have to say...I think they turned out pretty good!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Final V-Berth Mahogany Panels

Cheers
    Q

How's that for some tight, complex joints?!!

Nice work, to be sure. How do you plan to do the ceiling in this compartment? I was thinking white with mahogany trim, like a Trumpy had years ago.

I've got a roll of ostrich pearl white Whisper Wall material that's gonna look awesome...

some day.

lol

It'll be soon. You're doing a great job. Not cutting corners makes things take longer, but the end result will be something to be very proud of.

I hope that wiring is going to get tied down and some caulk where it goes through the plywood so it doesn't chafe.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Hey Sky. I use a router or hand-sand a radius around each hole, then smooth the inside before coating with epoxy to seal. I believe that'll control chafing as well as a plastic insert or sleeve. I won't secure the last of the wiring until I'm done moving the AC unit in and out of the box, and I'll caulk all of the holes at the same time.

Speaking of electrical, I got the wiring and plugs in the V-berth cubby cabinet installed, so that section of the boat is close to being done. There's one more coat of ICA clear coat to be sprayed, and the headliner has to be installed. But all of the woodwork there is done. Booyah

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Final Install of the V-Berth Forward Bunk Cabinet

Cheers,
    Q

Last edited by q240z; 08-30-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Quentin said “a plastic insert or sleeve”. Grommet is a good term here for search to get the nicely finished products, FYI.

Quentin, since you are preparing for headliner install; will that be perforated or smooth? I ask you (and Sky since he did his Hatt) this is a task ahead of me and I am not seeing the perf stuff at Sam’s, and elsewhere it seems to have an extra foam backing.

The factory now does smooth and I may make the switch. Any thoughts, guys?

DAN