Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 186 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Quentin,

What colorant are you using? I need to color some west Systems for a project I have and need the same brown color myself.

Awwww... its tough suckling hind teat LOL.. I pop in here once in a while. The big job this year was to refit-redo a lot of cockpit trim and then the aluminum siding job. After owning the Roamer since 1972 and having the roof off several times, I aint got it no mo'.
    Theres always been a deterioration situation in the hardtop joinery, and being mohagany doesnt help. I really just need it to make another 20 years. Im in QUE for the viking funeral.
    She gets another coat of primer today and then paint. Not quite "Quintessential" but it will serve my purposes. ws

z34.jpg

z46.jpg

z48.jpg
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Go WILLIE!

I have been absent--but great that you did raise your head. I miss the Sub, but sure you can whip up any old project and make it interesting.

DAN

That's a lot of holes in that hardtop/windshield frame, Bill...isn't each one a potential leak?

I got the interior of the bilge duct box fiberglassed, so it's completely waterproof. Then I put a heavy coat of white-tinted epoxy on the exterior to seal that up. I've got a couple more steps to go, and it'll be ready to install. The colorant I'm using is sold by US Composites, the seller of the epoxy. I linked to their site in the article, mrdeepseafisher.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Starboard Salon Aft Bilge Vent Duct II

Cheers,
    Q

I like the look of the white-tinted stuff. I have been using Paul’s epoxy bilge paint from http://www.epoxyproducts.com/ and although thick, it does not lay flat like your solution.

Keep it up—always learn a lot from your work!

DAN

Thanks Dan!

I took some time away from the Roamer project around the Independence Day holiday, but last weekend got back at it and installed that bilge vent duct I've been working on recently. It turned out pretty good. I hope I never, ever have to mess with it again! I'm getting tired of spending weekends inside cabinetry! LOL

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Starboard Salon Aft Bilge Vent Duct

Cheers,
    Q

I'm shifting gears over the next week or so to write about the repairs from the Nor'easter damage in March. To kick things off, the boat got washed and the tent was reconfigured so the repairmen could work up on the hardtop.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Repairing the Damage from the Big 2018 Nor'easter

Cheers,
    Q

Q's gotta be about 9 feet tall after living in that greenhouse all summer. Who waters' you??

That 3/16" aluminum siding job is 100% bedded with Loctite construction adhesive and entirely
    sealed /caulked around the perimeter with 5200 including a dab on each screw. I was screwing 300
    times a day and THEN got my groove on LOL... I think they make viagger outa 5200.

Been wising up in my old age and swapping aluminum for wood whenever possible. Easy to work with and cuts like butter. If Ive got 20 years left, it sure aint gonna be chasing rot. We are taking off for a round' the lake trip Aug 5th. Ahhh... the sweetwater seas!

Don't forget to trim back the dead branches and rake up the ground. Its time enjoy the last 2 weeks of summer up here LOL... ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

I control overgrowth in height by spending lots of time scrunched up inside the salon cabinets. lol

That said, it took two weeks for the repair crew to fix all of the Nor-easter damage to the hardtop. I took advantage of the opportunity to fix a problem caused by what I believe is a quality control failure at Chris Craft 50 years ago. Both the shiny Awlcraft 2000 and nonskid on the hardtop have now been restored to their pre-storm condition.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Fixing the Nor'easter Damage

Cheers,
    Q

Before

Fiberglassed

Faired

Fixed

Q, did you get to specify who did the repair? I hope so. The standard you set is pretty high.