Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 186 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

I got the last pantry panels installed. These are removable to give access to the plumbing behind them. I also got another plywood panel cut, insulated, and installed in the salon. And the worst of winter is finally over, so the epoxy is curing faster. Next thing you know, I'll be complaining about hot hot it is in the tent.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Cutting and Fitting More Salon Plywood Panels

Cheers,
    Q

I've got bad news.

The Nor'easter that ripped up the east coast got me. Or, rather, it damaged Tent Model XXX, which subsequently beat the heck out of my Awlgrip paint job. I spent last weekend patching up the tent, but I need to file an insurance claim for the damage to the boat. At this point, it looks like the aft deck hardtop and the cabin top will need body work and repaint. The powdercoating on the new center windshield frame is also beat up. I suspect I'll find more damage once I clean off all the debris and wash the boat. This is very discouraging.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Big 2018 Nor'easter Whooped Tent Model XXX

Cheers,
    Q

Well, this sucks. This really sucks.

You were on such a roll.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Yup.

I'll be trying to get estimates for repairs this weekend. The insurance company has been treating me right. But still...

I'm putting the insurance claim together now, but before the Nor-easter struck I'd gotten some more panels installed in the salon. So the blog gives the appearance that progress is happening even now, but this article covers stuff I got done in February and just hadn't gotten around to writing about yet.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: More Salon Plywood Panels

Cheers,
    Q

Don't give up. Easy for us to say. Let me know if you need a hand. I can follow instructions.

Thanks Jim! I appreciate the offer, but I think I've got it under control.

I had a couple of estimators out over the weekend to look at the damage from the Nor-easter. Another storm has come through, but the winds are nothing like the big one two weeks ago. Hopefully the patches to the tent will hold up.

I'm still catching the blog up on work I'd done before the big storm hit. The big port-side engine room vent panel is installed now, and I built hatches so I can block the exterior vents during winter. They're not pretty, but they won't be visible once the salon is all built out. I also installed the last insulated wall panel on this side of the salon. "Progress"

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing More Salon Plywood Panels

Cheers,
    Q

I'm still waiting for estimates to arrive so I can move forward on the insurance claim. But while that's going on, I'm still making progress in the salon. I got the last bilge vent chute installed. My approach--using epoxy sealed marine plywood and mahogany solid stock--was more time consuming than Chris Craft's painted press board, but unlike the original stuff, I suspect mine will last as long as the rest of the boat.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing The Last Port Salon Vent Panels

Cheers,
    Q

I'm still working on getting the estimates for repairs for the damage caused by the recent Nor'easter. But in the meantime, I'm getting more panels installed in the salon.
    "Progress."

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Cutting and Fitting More Port Salon Panels

Cheers,
    Q