Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 186 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Hey Bill!

But Chris Craft didn't use mahogany on the upper walls of the V-berths. They used fiberboard and painted it white. At least, that's how it was on my Connie 52, this Roamer, and my Commander 42. I could have bought another $300 sheet of ribbon stripe to make the grain align (I was on my last scraps), but I'm not that picky.

The guys over at Weaver boatworks told me a story about a Russian fellow who bought one of their 85' sportfishermen. The interior was about done when he came by to see it with his wife. The grain wasn't aligned quite perfect enough, so they ended up taking a saw to the interior, cutting it out and redoing it. Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cabinetry had to be redone, but because the customer didn't specify it in the contract, he picked up the tab.

It must be nice to be an oligarch!

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Hey Bill!

But Chris Craft didn't use mahogany on the upper walls of the V-berths. They used fiberboard and painted it white. At least, that's how it was on my Connie 52, this Roamer, and my Commander 42. I could have bought another $300 sheet of ribbon stripe to make the grain align (I was on my last scraps), but I'm not that picky.

The guys over at Weaver boatworks told me a story about a Russian fellow who bought one of their 85' sportfishermen. The interior was about done when he came by to see it with his wife. The grain wasn't aligned quite perfect enough, so they ended up taking a saw to the interior, cutting it out and redoing it. Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cabinetry had to be redone, but because the customer didn't specify it in the contract, he picked up the tab.

It must be nice to be an oligarch!

Was his name Putin?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

If I told you, comrade, it would not work out well for either of us.

<sips Zhouravli from frosted shot glass>

I've been spending a bit of time getting my other boat ready for the parade of lighted boats, plus I took a break over Thanksgiving, so the Roamer's been in a bit of a holding pattern. But I did get another mahogany veneer panel installed in the galley. Two down...one to go!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: More Galley Bulkhead Veneers

Cheers,
    Q

I took a couple of weeks off from the project for Thanksgiving and the local holiday boat parade, but I'm getting back into it now. I got the last of the galley bulkhead veneer panels installed, then covered it all with cardboard.

"Progress"

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The Last Galley Bulkhead Veneer
    Cheers,
    Q

It looks outstanding and it will go faster as you go along. Plus when you get the 'refrigerateur' into place, think of the room you will have! And this interior will look amazing when it's varnished etc.

What size AC units did you get? And do you plan to be a two-boat owner when this is done, or move onto this one? I think after all that work I'd want to enjoy the fruits of my labor all the time.

Thanks Jim. I'm still waiting for the pace to pick up. lol

I went with 9k for the V-berth, 18k for the salon, and 12k for the aft stateroom. We will most definitely get rid of the Commander once the Roamer is done. Never again will I own a fleet.

That said, I got another panel cut, this time for the galley pantry. I do wish I was making better progress.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Roughing Out the Galley Pantry

Cheers,
    Q

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    I do wish I was making better progress.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Roughing Out the Galley Pantry

Cheers,
    Q

Oh don't worry at some point it will all come together and it will be Bam all done

Well it sounds good right
    Keep Plugging looks great.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I understand the theory...it's the reality that's killin' me!

We had a bit of snow here recently, as I grumpily acknowledged a decade having passed since the project began. it was cold outside, but I had the bazooka heater going inside to keep it nice and toasty. And that allowed me to get the galley floor epoxy sealed and a couple of galley pantry panels cut and fitted. I just wish I was faster at this stuff.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Roughing Out More of the Galley Pantry

Cheers,
    Q