Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Quote Originally Posted by sgharford View Post
    Do you know if you can put Awlwood or Dupont MS1 clear coat over existing varnish? I used to do this with a 2 part clear coat made by Signature Finish (part of their Honey Teak product line) with good results. Getting ready to add some extra coats of West Marine High Gloss to rails (upkeep) and thinking of adding one of these clear coats when done.
    Awlwood can go over well cured (2 year old ) varnish.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Awlwood can go over well cured (2 year old ) varnish.
    Thank You both for reply!

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Thanks!

The ribbon-stripe in the V-berth were leftover panels from a sportfish build over at Weaver Boatworks. The rest (rotary sawn) I bought from Boulter Plywood back in 2013 or so.
    Thanks very much.... Boulter Ply isn't that far from me , and the ply isn't "that" expensive..... I'm going to reevaluate my interior refit of the baby hatt

Let me know how it goes with Boulter. I'm pleased with their plywood so far.

I finally got all of the prep work done and started installing the upright wall panels that go around the bed foundation. It's looking pretty good, I think!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the V-berth Bed Foundation Panels

Cheers
    Q

I got speakers installed in the forward bulkhead, the last of the upright panels around the bed foundation in, and the outer closet mahogany panel is bonded in place. Oh, and I'm fitting the HVAC duct for the V-berth head, too.

Got a lot of stuff done this week. It's coming together.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing More V-berth Panels

Cheers,
    Q

Q,

I am still trying to visualize the sleeping area in your (forward stateroom) V birth. It will not be a traditional V configuration (correct?). What will the mattress dimensions be and where will guests lay down?

Mark
    lake of the Woods

Mark, you're right. The sleeping area is definitely not vee oriented. The shape of the mattress will be trapezoidal, with a base of ~7 feet. The only way vee-style bunks (or even a centerline tapered queen-size mattress) would fit is if the head was in a box that extends at least partially into the salon/galley area, which is the way Chris Craft did it. We don't want that.

I took a break from the V-berth to get some parts painted that had been waiting for the painter for almost a year. I also made a hillbilly roof-top vent fan to try and cool off the inside of the tent. It's looks goofy but works great!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Spraying More Parts with AwlGrip Matterhorn White

Cheers,
    Q

I got more V-berth cabinet panels cut, fitted, sealed, and insulated. There are a few more I need to finish before I'll be ready to do the final assembly. It's going slower than I'd like, but I suppose progress is progress.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Cutting and Fitting More V-berth Panels

Cheers
    Q

Well, things were going along pretty good (albeit slower than I'd hoped) when I discovered a problem left behind by ol' Mr. Good-but-slow, the not very competent woodworker I hired for a while back in 2012. I ended up spending a weekend fixing yet another of his screw-ups, and in the process figured out the path forward to finishing the V-berth cabinetry...which involves having to finish a storage cabinet in the galley that I last touched 16 months ago!

It's all progress, so it's all good, but I do wish things went smoother and faster.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: "Mr. Good-but-slow" Strikes Again!

Cheers,
    Q