Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 186 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

I've had some mahogany boards stacked beneath the boat for a decade. I finally have a chance to put them to good use. First, I had the boards resawn to 5/8" thickness, then I ran them through my jointer. Next, I used one of the original fascia boards in the aft cabin as a pattern and made a new one. Chris Craft painted everything white in the aft cabin, even beautiful mahogany boards. But I'm keeping them in the natural wood color. We'll just clear coat them with ICA two-part polyurethane. Anyway, the first fascia board turned out really nice.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Making the Aft Stateroom Starboard Fascia Board

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

A bit later

It's a good looking fascia!

I made the port side aft stateroom fascia panel over the weekend. This one turned out really nice, too.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Making the Aft Stateroom Port Fascia Board

Cheers
    Q

Before

After

I got the center fascia board cut and fitted. Chris Craft used three mahogany boards painted white, with poor joinery between them. I'm going with one loooooong piece of beautiful mahogany that'll be clear coated with ICA two-part polyurethane. It's off at the paint shop now. I should have it back in time for the weekend.

Booya. Progress.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Making the Aft Stateroom Center Fascia Board

Cheers,
    Q

Chris Craft's starboard-side aft fascia board

My aft fascia board

The fascia boards went to the paint shop and came back in time for me to install them over the weekend. They look awesome...much better than the white painted boards Chris Craft used. ;-)

This is a big step toward getting the headliner installed. Progress. Booya.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Gorgeous Aft Stateroom Fascia Boards

Cheers,
    Q

Hi Q, As usual you're doing a magnificent job. That wood looks fantastic. I could never understand
    why anyone in his right mind would apply paint to nature's beauty... Thanks for the updates....

Walt

Thanks Walt!

Is the ceiling going to be Whisper Wall also? This is coming together splendidly.

The ceilings are almost the only places I'll be using Whisper Wall. The only other spot will be the short walls around the matress in the V-berth. I plan to have those padded, too.

That said, I got the last of the filler panels installed in the aft stateroom. Those are the panels that I'm putting between the ceiling frames so the Whisper Wall headliner tracks will have something to attach to. It's not glamorous or pretty, like the mahogany fascia panels, but getting these installed is mission critical for getting the headliner in. I've only got two more steps to go before I call the headliner guy.

Progress.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Last Aft Stateroom Overhead Filler Boards

Cheers,
    Q

I made a mahogany box that will hide the slider hardware for the aft stateroom head door. That's pretty much a wrap on prepping the aft stateroom for the headliner installation. The Whisper Wall installer is coming soon!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Making the Aft Head Sliding Door Box

Cheers,
    Q

Nice! How do you finish the box? Do you take it down again and send it off for finishing?