Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 186 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Big News! I set up my own domain! http://1969chriscraftroamer46.com is now online.

I'd been bothered by some things at wordpress.com for a while, and recent complaints about the intrusive ads WP pushes inspired me to move to my own site. This will be my last post at the old blog.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Moving the Blog

See you on the new site!

Cheers,
    Q

It looks like some folks signed up for email notifications on my new site, so I guess that means it's working the way it's supposed to. I spent a lot of time redirecting links from the old Wordpress site to the new one. 435 articles took a lot of time to get squared away. I also found some pictures that were still being hosted from my original photobucket account, so I updated all of those, too. It was actually kind of cool going through the whole thing from start to finish. There were a lot of old posts I hadn't looked at in years. While it's neat to see all of the progress since we first started, I had to laugh at how many times I used to say "I hope to splash the boat later this year" or "next spring." What was I thinking???

Anyway, I realized that in my last couple of posts I was talking about installing LED light mount panels at a specific height to align them with the headliner tracks I'll be using, but I never showed what those tracks look like. Hopefully, this will make it clearer why I'm doing what I'm doing.

I also have been experimenting with different LED lights for the OEM Chris Craft light fixtures. Pro tip: 10w 12v corn bulbs off of ebay fit this style of fixture just fine, but the 12w and 15w ones are too big.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Headliner Tracks & LED Bulbs

Cheers,
    Q

Whisper Wall tracks

15w bulb is too fat

After looking into the options for porthole gaskets, I decided to make my own using 00-50 Shore hardness silicone. While I'm waiting for the silicone kit to arrive, I made a mold.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Porthole Gaskets

Cheers,
    Q

I love it when one can fabricate a cheaper AND better solution. Nice job.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Thanks! My time is free!

The silicone kit arrived. This looks like it's going to work out really well. The gasket came out of the mold easily and it fits the portholes almost perfectly. Now I just need to make 11 more, but I'll make them just a wee bit thinner than this one.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Porthole Gaskets II

Cheers,
    Q

The kit

In the mold

Test fitting in the porthole

Very cool work and glad you are back at it. As the weather warms up, things will get done faster, I suspect.

I hope so, too!

I'm cranking out porthole gaskets at a tortoise-like pace but also getting panels installed for the Whisper Wall headliner tracks to attach to. The tracks will run all the way around the perimeter of the aft stateroom, so I've got a lot of small panels to make out of 3/4" plywood. And none of the gaps between frames are the same, even from port to starboard on the same frames!

It's a boat! Nothing's square!

Anyway, the first panel is also the biggest one and fairly complex, too. It's the one the aft head slider door hardware will attach to, and it turned out quite nice, I think. When everything's done, it won't be visible. But it's an important structural piece.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Stateroom Headliner Prep

Cheers,
    Q

Now I'm cutting lots of little panels to go around the ceiling perimeter to give the headliner tracks something to attach to. Not very exciting stuff, but it's progress.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Stateroom Headliner Prep II

Cheers,
    Q

I got the plywood panels for the port-side aft stateroom ceiling cut and fitted. The corner piece was the most complicated, but my little Bosch router made the job much easier. It's not especially glamorous, but it's progress. The headliner installer will hopefully start working on it next weekend!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Aft Stateroom Headliner Prep III

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

This boat will be so beautiful when it's done. And you will be SO bored. LOL