Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 186 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hatt View Post
    I don't understand why you would put the hand railing back. There not nessary you have the hand rail along the out side deck right? It's another place to leak water. It would probably even look better not to have the rail at all?
    You would be surprised how necessary those handrails are when you get rocking and rolling. The outside stanchions might hold you in but nothing to grab onto. They look fantastic.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Big news! I got the salon entryway panels and slider screens installed! It looks great!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Salon Entryway Panels and Screens

Cheers,
    Q

I had that screen system in my Chris Craft. Whoever invented that system was brilliant.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Yup. An elegant solution.

The headliner installer came back and wrapped up the track installation in the salon over three days. It's looking good.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Salon Headliner Tracks

Cheers,
    Q

The last step before the headliner gets installed involves installing the stainless safety rails for the side decks on either side of the helm. It's always nice to put shiny chromed bronze and stainless parts on the boat, especially since I've had most of the rechromed parts at home sitting in a box for the better part of a decade. It turned out pretty good, though there was a drill malfunction that took some work to resolve.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing Safety Rails

Cheers,
    Q

I’d like to throw this out in case you’re interested. Because you’re putting on all new toe rails you might be interested in doing what I did 20 some odd years ago on my 46 foot ‘Chris. As you know the walkway around the boat is fairly narrow and in some cases you have to shuffle sideways 1 foot in front of the other. I decided to take the stanchions off and have them bent out so that my hips could breeze right down the walkway with no issues. Take a look at the photo below and if you have any questions send me a private message. Besides being easy to walk around it looks fabulous.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I couldn't pop that pic out to a larger version, but I think I see what you did there. I have very narrow side decks on my Commander 42, but I don't remember if the Roamer had the same problem. From the pix I took, it looks like they're quite a bit wider. When I put in the stanchions, if it looks like that'll be a problem, I've got a pipe bender. One potential problem would be that I've got a mahogany safety rail, not cable. Each bend would have to be quite accurate. Here's hoping I've got wide-enough decks!

I think you'll be fine with what you already have, from my memory of being on your boat.

I may actually live to see this thing finished.....!
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay