Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 186 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Roll and tip. Youre never gonna keep a wet edge spraying without overspray on everything else. You have to do a piece, let it dry, cover it and repeat throughout. That guatalamanian must be new at it
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

It does look great, though. How do you get it warm enough in there to get it to cure?

You do nice work, but are you making this your life's work? It looks like you have been working on this boat since 2004 or 2005. When are you going to finish it so you may enjoy it? I've seen people drag out projects but you definitely win the prize for one of the longest and slowest people out there.

Bruce,

I notice you are new to the Forum.

Q's Work is exceptional and a true labor of love. No one who has been following him for years would call him slow. Maybe snake bitten, but not slow. I would encourage you to read Q's blog from the start, assuming you have not already. It will give you an appreciation for what he has been through.

Q, keep up the excellent work. We love what you have done and are doing.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1898 40 DC

Quote Originally Posted by lake of the woods View Post
    Bruce,

I notice you are new to the Forum.

Q's Work is exceptional and a true labor of love. No one who has been following him for years would call him slow. Maybe snake bitten, but not slow. I would encourage you to read Q's blog from the start, assuming you have not already. It will give you an appreciation for what he has been through.

Q, keep up the excellent work. We love what you have done and are doing.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1898 40 DC
    Mark,

I like anyone appreciate a labor of love and completion of a good project. I don't blame Q's marina for insisting he finish the project and get the boat seaworthy after all this time. I think they have bent over backwards in being patient with him and I don't know of many marinas that would have given him that kind of leave way after all these years. A project is one thing, but Q this looks like you are making it a life time project.

Q's work is beautiful and he is extremely knowledgeable about his boat. I am not knocking the work or the boat.

Bruce I noticed that your profile indicates you own another brand of boat, but then the next line indicates you own a Hatteras Double Cabin.............maybe you should slow down a bit. Many people on this site enjoy undertaking a project as much as piloting their boat. While I realize you probably didn't mean it, you seem to be critical of Q because he takes some time to complete the work. Most of us are one man armies and take huge amounts of time to do most things on our boats. Relax and enjoy the discussions here, this site is full of interesting craftsmen.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSands View Post
    Mark,

I like anyone appreciate a labor of love and completion of a good project. I don't blame Q's marina for insisting he finish the project and get the boat seaworthy after all this time. I think they have bent over backwards in being patient with him and I don't know of many marinas that would have given him that kind of leave way after all these years. A project is one thing, but Q this looks like you are making it a life time project.
    He was working on it, and keeping it up. He was paying them for the privilege of being there.... Isn't that the business they are in?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quentin has had quite a few setbacks: thievery, incompetent work which had to be done over at his expense, weather disasters (more than one, IIRC) and not to mention having to learn new skills to do things himself, AND find competent people to replace the incompetent ones. And he's paid the yard for every second that boat has been in there. I think his perseverance is admirable. Very few people would stick it out. He does beautiful work and he's not a quitter.

Bruce, you haven't seen his boat. You don't know him. Yes, he's been at it a long time, but I think what you said was not only incorrect, but you ought to apologize to him.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Quentin has had quite a few setbacks: thievery, incompetent work which had to be done over at his expense, weather disasters (more than one, IIRC) and not to mention having to learn new skills to do things himself, AND find competent people to replace the incompetent ones. And he's paid the yard for every second that boat has been in there. I think his perseverance is admirable. Very few people would stick it out. He does beautiful work and he's not a quitter.

Bruce, you haven't seen his boat. You don't know him. Yes, he's been at it a long time, but I think what you said was not only incorrect, but you ought to apologize to him.

Good Job Jim but you missed another big one there was problem with the correct paper work and he wasn't sure if he could register it and stop for a while till it got straighten out it took 1-2 years. I think I have this correct or close
    Either way I don't think Bruce has ever done a DIY job of this size other wise he would understand how long it takes to do this unless your Retired and Rich!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Good Job Jim but you missed another big one there was problem with the correct paper work and he wasn't sure if he could register it and stop for a while till it got straighten out it took 1-2 years. I think I have this correct or close
    Either way I don't think Bruce has ever done a DIY job of this size other wise he would understand how long it takes to do this unless your Retired and Rich!
    You don't know me and to attack me based on the assumptions you have made is as bad as what you claim I did to Quentin. I remember him from the old Roamer club when he first bought the boat and started the projected. So I do know some of his history with the boat.

I have done 2 DIY restorations in my lifetime and have a lot knowledge with boats. I am in my 80s now and retired living in Denmark. I know it never took me so long to do either project and I wasn't rich and did almost all the work myself. You owe me an apology young man.