Q, I'm very happy to see that you have resumed work on your project. We are all awaiting the great
unveiling after completion. Just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with your progress and
your latest example with the new mahogany board. Looks great. What type of mahogany are you
using? I think the original was Honduras mahogany but I understand it has been very difficult to get and
most current wood is slightly different. I have been toying with the idea of building a replica of an old
1940's/1950's CC speedboat in my shop. I bought a complete set of plans but I'm not sure I'm up to
the task. If I decide to proceed, it will be made of multiple layers of thin sliced wood epoxyed together
with the final layer being Honduras mahogany as it will be varnished as were the originals. This is likely
a long shot because I certainly don't have the energy level that I used to (I'm 82) but even if it never
gets finished it gives me something to do in my shop to keep me off the streets nights. lol.

Walt