Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Lightbulb 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

Hi.
    I'm one of several Chris Craft enthusiasts who frequent the HOF, though mostly as a lurker. I know a few of you Hatterii are also fond of Chris Crafts, so I thought I'd let you know about the blog I'm doing for my latest, longest and biggest old Chris rehab: http://1969chriscraftroamer46.wordpress.com/about/
    Cheers,
    Q

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

You guys HAVE to read this. It makes me embarrassed I ever complained about my little painting project last year. I think it would have been easier to build the boat from scratch. Wow.

You don't mention it in the blog, but I gather she has new engines- you didn't tow it to Deale, did you?

Anyway, well done, and I want to drive down and look at her, it's only an hour or less to Deale from here. Are you in Herrington Harbor North?

Thanks, Jim!

It would be easier to start new, but they haven't made these beauties in 40 years!

I suspect that a brand-new aluminum build as robust as what Chris Craft did on the Roamers would also cost a fair amount more than what we'll be into this one all said and done. Fortunately, I work for free on m own stuff. lol

When we brought her around from Coltons, she had the rebuilt Lehman 120s. Turns out that was a bad idea that I'm in the process of correcting right now. Stay tuned...

Thus far I've been covering the historical work prior to May 2012. Two more posts on historical stuff, and I'll transition to everything that's been happening in the last eight months.

Very, very exciting stuff.
    Last edited by q240z; 02-13-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Maybe Cummins 450C remans? Or M11s if you want to go really fast....

What a beautiful boat! And one hell of a project!

Does she have a name yet?

HA! Everybody asks about the name! lol

We haven't decided yet. We've been calling it "the Roamer" for so long, I'm almost tempted to run with that.