Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 186 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1855

Re: 1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 refit

I recently learned that the ICA base can be brushed or rolled on, so I'm going to just do it on-site. The top coat apparently gets milky if you don't spray it, but that's not an issue with the base.

That said..tThe headliner tracks have been installed around the aft stateroom perimeter! I'm all giddy!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the Aft Stateroom Whisper Wall Tracks

Cheers,
    Q

It's going to look great. Is the advantage of WW that you can take it back down if you need to? And the sound damping?

I think that both the ease of pulling it down and putting it back plus the sound damping are plus points. I also think it looks far better than perforated headliner. I mean, c'mon! it's fake osterich!

Well, we all have our heads in the sand around here, don't we...

I jumped into the V-berth and got all of the headliner track mounting pieces installed all around the perimeter. I also got the Kai LED mounting panels installed and the wiring hooked up. It's not glamorous, but getting this step done is the second to the last thing I have to do before the headliner tracks can be installed. Progress. Booya.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Getting the V-berth Ready for Headliner Track Installation

Cheers,
    Q

You can really start to see how this is going to look when it's complete, which will be beautiful.

Thanks Jim!

I got the framing for the slider screen for the V-berth hatch installed at just the right height. I'll use that fuzzy stuff (can't think of the name of the product) to seal the screen frame to the headliner so bugs can't get in when the hatch is open. I just have to finish cleaning up some wiring and I'm ready for the headliner installer to come out this weekend and put in the track.

Progress.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Fitting the V-berth Hatch Screen Track

Cheers,
    Q

The Whisper Wall headliner installer showed up over the weekend and got the tracks installed in the V-berth. This is funky stuff, but the guy's got skills. This is going to look great when it's all installed!

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: Installing the V-berth Headliner Tracks

Cheers,
    Q

I don't want to hold up the headliner installation, but I had to get the base coat of varnish on the V-berth/galley bulkhead since the headliner will butt up against it on the V-berth side. Six coats of ICA base clear later, it looks pretty good.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: ICA Base Coat on the V-berth/Galley Bulkhead

Cheers,
    Q

Before

After

I've been working to get the living spaces ready for the headliner installation for several months now. Over the weekend, the headliner installer came out. We broke open the Whisper Wall box, and he got busy. I have to say, it's turning out very nicely.

1969 Chris Craft Roamer 46 Refit: The V-berth Headliner Install Begins

Cheers,
    Q

If you were wondering how that ugly track in the complex corner of the V-berth was going to turn out...

It turned out like this!