Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Watch those prices…

I m about to order some Awlwash for the “office” and figured i d check prices around…

Amazon… $60 a gallon
    Defender… $70 (was $51 in 2022)
    Fishery supplies … $98
    West marine $99 ($82 with pro discount)
    Merritt Supply… $120!

Never seen such variations in the past. Ended up ordering from Defender as they had free shipping and have the best customer service.
    Last edited by Pascal; 01-10-2024 at 04:39 PM.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Watch those prices…

Defender usually did a very good job for us. Good to see they are still in the game.
    Regards
    Dan

Defender has gone the way of so many other places though, sold out to a larger entity, and changed its operation for the worse in 20 different ways.

There must have been some pushback because it has gotten better over the last year, but it is not the operation it once was.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by brettportzer View Post
    Defender has gone the way of so many other places though, sold out to a larger entity, and changed its operation for the worse in 20 different ways.

There must have been some pushback because it has gotten better over the last year, but it is not the operation it once was.
    I ve been ordering from them for years and haven’t noticed any changes besides the website redesign about a year ago which is a big step back. Everything else, prices, shipping, customer service, is still excellent.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I do most of my boat parts buying stuff this time of year, because there is more time for projects during the winter layup...

Last year at this time, all of the prices went up, the web site was terrible, and they seemed to be paring the inventory back to sort of only the most popular stuff.

Since I haven't ordered anything from them in at least six months, I just looked up some items that I have previously ordered, and it does seem comparable.

Like I said, maybe there was some pushback after that initial website launch or something...

They used to be my go to for almost anything I needed, and, in the last year that has diminished and I did a lot more shopping around last spring than usual.

One thing that was always really nice for me, being in the Northeast, is that I would get Defender orders usually the next day via ground shipping.

Ordering from Fisheries was always a week.

It is taking 3 days minimum now from Defender, which is a bummer.

It's fine, but, I just really thought they had a good website, and good prices and fast turnaround up until this buyout/redesign.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I ve been ordering from them for years and haven’t noticed any changes besides the website redesign about a year ago which is a big step back. Everything else, prices, shipping, customer service, is still excellent.

agreed, the website redesign is awful and i told them so.
    aside from that, i havent seen much degradation on the service side.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN