Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Broker needed for 54 hat MY

We have a 54 Hat MY for sale. Can anyone recommend a good broker that specializes in older Hats.
    We have a broker now that I don't think likes Hatteras and our contract will be up soon

Re: Broker needed for 54 hat MY

It depends where you are. Im in Port Canaveral covering from Daytona to Vero and we seem to know quite a bit about older hatts. I own one and do work on quite a few others.

I'm part of United yacht Sales and we have offices all over. PM me and I can help you find the right person.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

remember to check you PM's
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

4. Re: Broker needed for 54 hat MY

Scott says it depends on where the boat is located and I agree.
    However if you are located far from where buyers might travel to see a boat you might want to move the boat to where there are more potential buyers, like Fort Lauderdale, Annapolis, or Newport.
    If there is a brokerage office in your marina talk to them first, or to other local offices, If the boat is close to the brokers office it can be shown to more buyers who may not have asked for that type of boat but will go to look at it because it is convienent to see. A buyer who is looking at a newer Carver might look at an older higher quality boat and like it.
    If you have multible choices of brokers find someone who has been in business for many years, who has sold similar size and type boats. You can find a Certiified Professional Yacht Broker through Google, those brokers usually have been in the business for a long time and want to be more professional in their business.

Quote Originally Posted by yachtbrokerguy View Post
    Scott says it depends on where the boat is located and I agree.
    However if you are located far from where buyers might travel to see a boat you might want to move the boat to where there are more potential buyers, like Fort Lauderdale, Annapolis, or Newport.
    If there is a brokerage office in your marina talk to them first, or to other local offices, If the boat is close to the brokers office it can be shown to more buyers who may not have asked for that type of boat but will go to look at it because it is convienent to see. A buyer who is looking at a newer Carver might look at an older higher quality boat and like it.
    If you have multible choices of brokers find someone who has been in business for many years, who has sold similar size and type boats. You can find a Certiified Professional Yacht Broker through Google, those brokers usually have been in the business for a long time and want to be more professional in their business.
    I have to disagree with the broker in the marina as a positive. Half of them are leas than hard working because they have a captive audience. Remember also if you move the boat next to the competition you will be compared to them so it needs to be maintained. We have a sister company company that does service and have boats maintained for our listings but its a commitment to have the boat kept ready to show when your not local.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

If there is a broker who knows more about the Hatteras market than anyone is Frank Gordon in Ft. Lauderdale. 954-525-8476. I've know him for 40 years, both as a broker, and now a client, and have the utmost respect for his honesty, integrity, and Hatteras knowledge. When another broker is looking for a Hatteras, Frank usually gets the first call because of his extensive Hatteras market knowledge daily.

With the mid-size motor yacht market is in a stranglehold these days, you need all the help you can get, and I personally think Frank is an excellent choice to represent you.