Hello!

I'm fishing for opinions, insight, and strong recommendations here. The Admiral and I are embarking on a long journey that will hopefully end with us being the owners of a Hatteras in the 65' - 74' range. Despite the fact that we have a lot to learn, I don't consider us to be fools. We are doing a lot of research, will do a charter or two, and plan on looking at a lot of boats. This is not a "snap decision" and I expect this process to take the better part of a year.

Based on our desires and finances (including long-term maintenance and annual support) we are primarily looking at boats in the 70' range... and most of the inventory that is within our purchase price range falls between the late 1980's and early 1990's.

With that in mind, I am looking for layout and model opinions comparing the ~1988 "CX" CMY (68') to the ~1990 "DP" CMY (70'). The first and biggest thing that jumps out at me is the ER.. with the CX having the split ER and the DP having the full beam. Maintenance access on the CX concerns me. But I am sure that there are many, many other differences that I should consider the personal opinions of seasoned owners that I should take into account.

Looking for input....

Thanks!