Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: External Cellular Antenna - Line Loss

That sounds about right. I never broke out the amp until I was down to about 1 bar maybe two. I used to check the actual signal strength in DB which you can do on most phones but don't remember now what the parameters are, its been so long. I have AT&T 3G as well, by the way. Static IPs are very common in the machine to machine world (sensors, meters, ATMs etc.) Since 3G is essentially an extension of the base GPRS system, it works. LTE which is becoming the standard for 4G is not, and I am not up on if or how it is done on there. Makes sense they will at some point. NOW I will do some googling since you've made me curious. Or call some contacts at AT&T and Verizon,. Or, not.

EDit: OK that didn't take long. AT&T and Verizon will assign a static IP to some LTE devices for a set up fee of 500 bucks.
    Last edited by GJH; 12-28-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Re: External Cellular Antenna - Line Loss

As a commercial account with ATT, I was going to be charged a lot less. The problem is that as of 30 days ago, they told me that the could not assign a static IP address to a 4g LTE aircard.