Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Salon Furniture Sources

We ended up with custom made assembled in place sofa and recliners and it worked out great. That guy is in north Jersey so not much use to you. There was a place that we found in NC I think that made furniture to order and sent it knocked down. You might try searching the net. I did not keep the contact info. Priced about like Flexsteel but looked nicer.

Have you checked in high end RV places? They have similar issues.

Bobk

Could you post the contact info for the guy in North Jersey. Thanks Skater

I had mine custom made by Glenn Eagle in NC. They made to my specs and were designed to come apart so you can easily get them in and out through the salon door. Unfortunately I don't think they're in business anymore but there are other who o the same for boats. Microkap had a new sectional built the same time I did mine but got his from a custom shop in South Jersey. They did a great job and I think pricing was similar. Tom Slane should have some sources too. That's who pointed me to Glenn Eagle.
    Jack Sardina

At the end of the day, I think you're going to be happiest with high quality regular furniture and just take out the window or whatever to get it in. Once you have this process down, you'll be prepared for other large item removal should you have a situation with a fridge or a washer/dryer.

Especially on a 72, you've got a sizable salon (I would figure), you want nice stuff. The custom stuff IMO runs high and isn't as nice as high quality living room furniture. You're only going to do this once.

My .02

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53 MY

Thanks to all for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by skater View Post
    Could you post the contact info for the guy in North Jersey. Thanks Skater
    I can't locate them anymore (name was Lubo, IDS) and I heard the owner moved back to Europe. You might PM Walt P since he was my contact. Glen Eagle was the other outfit I couldn't remember. Seemed to have nice goods.

Bobk

Try to bear in mind that most boat furniture is 3/4 scale. Typical residential upholstered furniture is really quite massive by comparison. If you have a really big space, you can get away with it, but most boats cannot.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Cool Re: Salon Furniture Sources

I got my salon couch from these guys:

http://www.braddandhall.com/productcart/pc/home.asp

They do a lot of work on boats here in Michigan. Please post some pics of your new boat!

Thanks!

DC

Thanks for the leads. A couple of pictures attached. We are about half way through our initial refit.9022_002.jpg9024.jpg9055.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by holtcl View Post
    At the end of the day, I think you're going to be happiest with high quality regular furniture and just take out the window or whatever to get it in. Once you have this process down, you'll be prepared for other large item removal should you have a situation with a fridge or a washer/dryer.

Especially on a 72, you've got a sizable salon (I would figure), you want nice stuff. The custom stuff IMO runs high and isn't as nice as high quality living room furniture. You're only going to do this once.

My .02

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53 MY
    IMO the quality of good custom furniture is better than most residential stuff. As Eric stated most residential stuff is big and bulky. The backs are angled and the footprint is usually much larger on residential furniture. The stuff I had made is light weight, made to my specifications, comes apart for ease of installation, has tons of storage below and is well made. The sofa in my current boat was a custom order by the PO. It's one of the most comfortable well made sofas I've ever seen. the seating area is big and the cushions and pillows are over sized. It fits well in my 65C but you'd never get a conventional sectional that big through the salon door and I'd hate to wrestle something that big through a window, if it would even fit.
    Jack Sardina