Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Salon Furniture Sources

It looks like we will be removing/replacing the furniture in our salon. Getting a sectional sofa and/or club chairs through the pilothouse doors is not going to be possible. Looks like will have to either pop out an aft window (clearance 35") or order a sectional that is built to be put together and taken apart in the boat. Does anyone have any preferred sources for salon furniture (sectional sofa most likely L shaped) and one or two nice club chairs. We'd prefer not to wait the usual 8-12 weeks and if that means having it custom built, so be it. The boat is in Jupiter, Florida at the moment. Thanks.

Re: Salon Furniture Sources

I've looked at some items from Glastop in Pompano. Not inexpensive. Too much for my budget.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Looks like you have a 56 MY - I'm not familiar with that model - do you not have a double door at the aft of your salon? I went through this with my previous boat, the 44 TC. Had to remove salon window, frame and all- for both the furniture and fridge install. Dreaded the job, but turns out the window frame was only installed with the screws and 4200. It wasn't a difficult job at all. But your boat may be different.

As for sources, I was disappointed with the high price of "boat furniture" (e.g., Flexsteel) that could be installed or assembled in the boat or was custom made for the space. I thought it was ugly and far too much money. Therefore I went with regular furniture.

Funny, I'm headed out today to look at new salon furniture for my 53.

Good luck!

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53 MY

Believe it or not we found a great sized sofa and love seat that fit well in our saloon at Rooms to Go. Price was great as well and they were recliners. We bought the extended warranty wear and stains. So far so good. Rooms to Go was the only place besides Glasstop that we could find the right size to fit. Good Luck.

Thanks. The 56 is gone. We now have a 74. The flexsteel is just not to my liking. I will check out rooms to go. It also looks like Crate and Barrel may have the proper sized furniture. Checking that out as well. Our aft deck is enclosed so we will need to go that route, after removing a window that permits us 35" clearance or so.

Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Here's a Simplicity sofa and 2 recliner wing chairs from La-Z-Boy (they come apart too) in the saloon of a 58' Trumpy. Not bad looking stuff. It all came in through about a 20" door.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

If I could get through a 20" door, I would not need to remove any window.

Have a look at IKEA.Many of their chairs and sofas are the right size and have loose covers.You can also buy spare covers when you buy items

We had the same problem trying to get a sofa through the door. Finally decided on a futon than came in a box which we assembled aboard. There is a photo in the gallery. Ron