Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Re: Looking For a 46 - 50 Convertible

Saltshaker,

My friend sold El Ultimo in 1999 or 2000. It was about 1995 or 96 when he bought it from Gardner. I don't know anything about who bought it next except he had a place on Boca Grande.

The story on the Cat engines, I think, was that Gardner either retired from Cat or had a buddy there. Could be that Sonny had the connection, I can't remember.

We did a lot of bill fishing on El Ultimo off Galveston and fished the Poco Bueno Blue Marlin Tournament in Port O'Connor several times. The boat was fast and very sea kindly but burned about 20 gallons an hour less than another friend's Viking with 12-92's. We never went over 100 per hour.

My buddy couldn't drive the boat but loved the engine room. I drove it almost every mile it moved from the day he bought it until the day he sold it.

My boat (not a Hatteras) was parked next to El Ultimo. I really had to concentrate when driving on or the other to remember which side had throttles and which side had clutches. Why Hatteras was different than eveyone else I never have ascertained.
    Last edited by seasalt; 04-17-2013 at 01:58 PM.