Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone ever

Anyone ever

Had a washdown pump torn down?I have power to the pump but no water on the deck spigiot.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Re: Anyone ever

I've had my Groco apart (twice thanks to Sandy ) they're fairly simple. Motor drives pump, pressure switch controls motor. Can you access those things? First, check for a fuse. You should be able jump power to the motor directly. If it runs, it's the switch, if not it's the motor or if it just hums the pump may be jammed.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

OR - if it runs the impeller may be bad or stripped.

My washdown uses the galleymaid pump with the rotor/stator setup.

Do washdown spigots have pumps separate from the 32V house pump?

(My house pump works but my front 2 washdown spigots do not work...the aft deck spigot works)

sorry for the hi-jack

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Had a washdown pump torn down?I have power to the pump but no water on the deck spigiot.
    Had the same on my house pump. Tapped it a few times with a hammer and it's worked fine since.

Quote Originally Posted by dcate View Post
    Do washdown spigots have pumps separate from the 32V house pump?

(My house pump works but my front 2 washdown spigots do not work...the aft deck spigot works)

sorry for the hi-jack
    A seawater washdown would obviously need a different pump than the freshwater. But, no, most freshwater washdowns would run off of the house pump.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    A seawater washdown would obviously need a different pump than the freshwater. But, no, most freshwater washdowns would run off of the house pump.
    Seperate pump here mounted in the forward bildge buldhead.There is a hatch in the v berth doorway 43dcfb
    CRAZZZY NUFFF