Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hatteras 34 double cabin holding tank

Just purchased this boat with twin volvo diesels. It came with 2 heads with direct overboard discharge (one has a electrisan sytem to treat the waste) Where I live is a federal no pump out zone, so I can no longer just use the electrisan but must install a holding tank. Anyone know where the best place to put one would be. Ideally I would like to hook up both heads to the tank and have a deck fitting for pump out as well as the ability to pump with a manual pump right over board.

thanks and glad to be a member

Re: Hatteras 34 double cabin holding tank

Welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of knowledge here, not me though. My 43 MY has a 90 gal holding tank in the front of the boat, below the floor in the V-berth. The shower sump is the first void space that holds water, then the holding tank. I can see half of it, then removing a floor panel, I can see the other half. Also I cant imagine replacing it. Its like in a very bad spot. So yours didnt come with a holding tank from the factory?
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Re: Hatteras 34 double cabin holding tank

What I am considering on my 66 34C is to convert the old nasty freshwater tank to be a holding tank for areas where I need it and then install a new freshwater tank. Just a thought, I have not checked anything out yet to see if this is feasable.