Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mattress

Mattress

Im contemplating having new mattress made for master stateroom. Has anyone been down this road lately?

Re: Mattress

I bought a 4" memory foam topper at Walmart for $120. Our bedroom mattress is small and kinda firm, so the topper gives us cushion on top of firmness. It's really comfortable. We sleep better on the boat than the house. As long as your mattress isnt caved in the center a topper will work.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

There is a guy in St Pete who makes nice foam mattress's . They are beautiful and made to size with ticking and all. I have had four made for different boats. Joe at AJ's furniture has the contact. I have been paying 395.00 which is a steal compared to others.

We recently re did all of the mattresses and used 4 different density foams with one being temper foam. One can rearrange the foams to get the right firmness to the liking. I bought them off of ebay and they ranged from 200 to 325 (king size) including shipping. You cut the foam to fit once you uncrate them and it is not necessary to glue them together as they pretty much stay where you put them. We looked at the custom mattress companies but they pretty much start at 1500 for the typical mattress for a king in temperfoam but we feel that these sleep just as well. Happy hunting.

I consider the mattresses I've purchased from Zeno in ft lauderdale to be top of the line and better than anything at home. Cut perfectly. The master and guest SR got these and the bunk room kept the cheap bedding. If the cheaper options make you happy, then you won't need to spend these $$. I am glad we did. FWIW.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

6. Re: Mattress

We bought a TemperPedic - the same mattress we have at home. It doesn't quite fit the rounded fiddles at the bottom of the frame, but the TP will jam in and we never feel the difference. Besides, the TP weighs nearly 200 lbs. [king size - another reason we bought the Viking], so it snuggles down into the frame. We sleep great.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

7. Re: Mattress

Since we have "Ozzie and Harriet" bunks in the master... I just bought the $400 mattress from Mattress ONE.... BUT... it sits up HIGH.... and after just over a year...it .has taken a "set" so the middle is low while the sides are high....
    Wasn't a good idea..
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com