Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Progress on project boat

It's been just over 3 years since my late husband and I started work on Cinderella. I don't get a lot of time to post pics to report incremental progress along the way, largely because I work full-time and she's about a full-time commitment. And I value my sleep.

She was in rough condition when we found her. Here are a few pics and there are more I just updated on my profile (before and after). Progress to date has included: generator, carpet and flooring throughout (except the galley which I plan to do this winter), battery charger, soft goods, high gloss varnish throughout, a/c work, canvas work, electronics work, rebuild circular staircase to between galley and salon, rebuild galley dinette, rebuild woodwork and trim work in master stateroom, and probably a hundred other nickel-and-dime (and other) projects I can't think of off the top of my head.

It has been a lot of work, learning, and also some very nice cruising and enjoyment. This cruising season has been a blessed one for which I am very thankful.

masterb4.jpgmasteraft.jpggalleyb4.jpgThanks to all the support that I receive from HOF folks, my marina family, and my parents.

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53MY

Re: Progress on project boat

That's some very nice work. Very sorry to hear about your husband but I'm glad that you're staying in the Hatteras and HOF family. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

She is a beautiful 53 now and your work looks great. All of the upgrades are first class and very tasteful. I especially love the spotlight. Please keep the pictures coming.

Very Nice!

Nice Boat. A little off topic but (Going by your hailing port as a reminder) Kent Narrows has got to be the best place I ever sat eating blue crabs. Nice area execpt for the occasional snow and ice.

What a big project !! Talk about a full time job. Seems like the up keep on mine is a full time job, much less a refurb. Great job.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Thanks for the update, Cheryl. Always nice to hear from you. Sorry Tina and I did not run into you this season on the Chesapeake!
    Ben and Tina Fishel
    "Sizematters"

Thanks for the kind words and support.

I didnt make it to the 1510 rendezvous this year but will plan to do so next year. So many irons in the fire.

We are hunkered down getting ready for the storm. Will try to post some more pics when I have some captive time.

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53MY

ok there's nothing to do here but watch the effects of Sandy and post pics on the forum. here's some from the salon refinishing job.
    Attached Images