Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Sandy heading for the Chessie

8am charts show it turning and hitting Cape
    May on Tue. Seems they keep moving the landfall further south. I wouldn't be surprised if OC MD is the final target. Latest shows arriving in the NE as. Full blown Hurricane
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: Sandy heading for the Chessie

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    8am charts show it turning and hitting Cape
    May on Tue. Seems they keep moving the landfall further south. I wouldn't be surprised if OC MD is the final target. Latest shows arriving in the NE as. Full blown Hurricane
    I'm hoping for the further south turn. If it stays this way or turns West sooner, the surge won't be bad for us up here. If it comes in up here or LI, then the winds will push the water in and we could be looking at major flooding. No where to hide unless I run way up the Hudson. Even then there's very few places I can get into. I'd be stuck on the hook for a while.
    Jack Sardina

Remember the NE eye wall and quadrant is the worst place to be
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Remember the NE eye wall and quadrant is the worst place to be
    Yes but by the time this storm gets up here, the intensity will be down. I'm about 100NM north of Cape May. Also if the storm stays south of me, the surge won't be that bad.
    Jack Sardina

5. Re: Sandy heading for the Chessie

It's passing WAY EAST of me and we're still getting a lot of gusts...No rain....YET... But still hours from when we're to get the worse... And rain tomorrow for a while
    Glad I'm not doing the delivery of the 54' Hatteras now.... (OK, I lied, still would want to be doing it)
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Looks like NJ is going to take one for the team.

We're lashed up to the dock at Sunset Bay and I had to knock down the Marquipt since I couldn't keep the boat close enough to the dock.
    Regards
    Dan

What was that I said about OC MD???? I dont know If I buy It making that hard left turn tho.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976