Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Anyone know these boats out there?

I hope the mods will be OK with this thread in this forum.... (Not quite FSBO)

The hunt is getting more serious. If at all possible it will he a Hatt. Don't know why, but I have the bug for these boats. Wife agrees, as long as it's a 53MY or larger..... well larger is not going to happen this year. Maybe down the road.

So, I know the argument for: "Buy the nicest one you can afford" and I'm not disagreeing with it. But, looking at the dogs is entertaining and informative. And, being a hands on guy can help the budget, to an extent. Again, thanks to work I can travel economically, so call it "educational field trips" With that in mind, I solicit information from anyone with DIRECT knowledge of any of the following boats....(all on Yachtworld)

1: Pensacola FL...... MY Empress, listed at 99K
    2: Fort Lauderdale, FL...MY Lady Bonnie, listed at 117K
    3: Fort Pierce, FL MY Hinesite, listed at 119,5K
    4: Marblehead, OH MY Ship Fantasy, listed at 125K
    5: Heathsville, VA MY Luisa Cristina, listed at 129K

That should be enough for now......

Thanks, O.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Re: Anyone know these boats out there?

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    I hope the mods will be OK with this thread in this forum.... (Not quite FSBO)

The hunt is getting more serious. If at all possible it will he a Hatt. Don't know why, but I have the bug for these boats. Wife agrees, as long as it's a 53MY or larger..... well larger is not going to happen this year. Maybe down the road.

So, I know the argument for: "Buy the nicest one you can afford" and I'm not disagreeing with it. But, looking at the dogs is entertaining and informative. And, being a hands on guy can help the budget, to an extent. Again, thanks to work I can travel economically, so call it "educational field trips" With that in mind, I solicit information from anyone with DIRECT knowledge of any of the following boats....(all on Yachtworld)

1: Pensacola FL...... MY Empress, listed at 99K
    2: Fort Lauderdale, FL...MY Lady Bonnie, listed at 117K
    3: Fort Pierce, FL MY Hinesite, listed at 119,5K
    4: Marblehead, OH MY Ship Fantasy, listed at 125K
    5: Heathsville, VA MY Luisa Cristina, listed at 129K

That should be enough for now......

Thanks, O.
    You'll get better replies if you post a link for each
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    You'll get better replies if you post a link for each
    I hate to clutter up the forum.....
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

It's a little work that will pay off.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    I hate to clutter up the forum.....
    No more clutter than posting this reply
    Jack Sardina

#5 has a 18?x18? "soft spot" on the foredeck, hours are unknown, the meter broke was never fixed and owner never tracked hours cough cough and needs updating everywhere and could use a good paint job. No stabilizers and Has been on and off the market for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    No more clutter than posting this reply
    Yes, heaven forbid we clutter it up with boat discussions.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    #5 has a 18?x18? "soft spot" on the foredeck, hours are unknown, the meter broke was never fixed and owner never tracked hours cough cough and needs updating everywhere and could use a good paint job. No stabilizers and Has been on and off the market for a while.
    The foredeck is all balsa cored. She'll need a paint job, alright. After the glass man is finished...

Yeah, after talking to the broker I'm aware of the "hours unknown" issue. Then again, I often wonder how accurate the hours are when the Hobbs meters are working.....

Only a documented maintenance trail can be a reasonably sure answer, and yo don't see those very often.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

i have been on board the 53 in heathsville. Its a real project. i wouldn't want it if you gave it to me. It doesn't look anything like the photos on the internet. don't waste your time.