Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Trying to sell a Hatteras in this economy ?

I hear were you are coming from Sky. As I am pretty much out of techy questions, I wanted to post a thread the other day asking members what they have found to be best return on $ investment in past 4 years. Didn't have a side agenda, just figured a group of yacht owners a good group to ask as I'm trying to get out of the box. At the same time, this group has worst possible $ investment, old yachts! Guess you call us well rounded?

Re: Seeking Cruisers that may be heading to BVI soon, OCT 2012

I don't see a cruisers forum here anywhere? Anyway we would like to buddy boat with one or two boaters that are headed to BVI or USVI soon. I think within 3-4 weeks. My vessel 72' Hatteras and ready to go. We are in Ft Pierce, FL. Want to make a nice trip see the Islands in between. I've been trying to sell the vessel but will not give it away so might as well use it. Let me know, thanks.

sundaymorning2@hotmail.com

Re: Seeking Cruisers that may be heading to BVI soon, OCT 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Los Suenos View Post
    I don't see a cruisers forum here anywhere? Anyway we would like to buddy boat with one or two boaters that are headed to BVI or USVI soon. I think within 3-4 weeks. My vessel 72' Hatteras and ready to go. We are in Ft Pierce, FL. Want to make a nice trip see the Islands in between. I've been trying to sell the vessel but will not give it away so might as well use it. Let me know, thanks.

sundaymorning2@hotmail.com
    Hey Friend...you have 11 post. You havent been around long enough to make a judgement. This post is one of the few post that turned political. We cruise often here. People here go to the Bahamas all the time. I just met someone in June at cape Look out, and I'm heading South in two weeks. I dont know how far we will go. This is a great site. We do tend to get off the original posters subject though. No harm intended. Dont get your feathers ruffled.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

You guys have sorely disappointed me. I'm still waiting for my post predictions to come true.
    Well, it was a crummy day in the ER, too...... should have stayed in bed this am.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I was going to say I lit the fuse on this one, but actually I didn't. That fuse was already lit and burns all the time. And, no, I'm not voting for Romney. Frankly, I thought no one from the GOP was worth much of anything. If they had been able to persuade Daniels or a few others to run, they might have had more of a chance. There are GOP candidates I might have seriously considered, but none of the clowns and wackos that competed. As it is, things don't seem to be looking too good for Mittens.

Next post should say something about "anyone but Obama". Post after that will point out that he wasn't born in USA. Post after that states he's a Muslim and a member of al-Qaeda. I've seen all this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    You guys have sorely disappointed me. I'm still waiting for my post predictions to come true.
    Well, it was a crummy day in the ER, too...... should have stayed in bed this am.
    To be perfectly candid, I am a little disappointed in you Jim. I have a great deal of respect for you both as a Hatteras owner and as a moderator. I would expect better of you. Doug has made it clear that he would like us not to get into politics in his forum. I can certainly understand his position since the forum could be considered a representation of his business. Even if I didn't understand, it wouldn't matter. It is his forum to do as he wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by tom5518 View Post
    To be perfectly candid, I am a little disappointed in you Jim. I have a great deal of respect for you both as a Hatteras owner and as a moderator. I would expect better of you. Doug has made it clear that he would like us not to get into politics in his forum. I can certainly understand his position since the forum could be considered a representation of his business. Even if I didn't understand, it wouldn't matter. It is his forum to do as he wishes.
    Agree with you tom.
    It may be "harmless fun" for now, but I'll take a punt that the silent majority reading this are dissapointed as well but are staying out of this "fun" because they don't need the attacks.
    There is enough politics wherever we look. I am here as a boater and because it is a dedicated Hatteras site, or supposed to be.
    Connecting the value of our boats to who is in power is ridiculous. In a democracy, the population get the government they deserve becuse the majority WANTED it.
    How about getting back to the pleasure of owning a Hatteras?

Politics is directly linked to our ability to continue to own and use our boats. Unfortunately, many of us may lose this pleasure as our economy tanks and our administration continues to print money.

If you think this is just another election, you will certainly change your mind in another 4 years should there not be a change in Washington.

Do you like $4 Diesel? Good, because it will be $6 or $8 or more by then.

Mark my words. I am so glad that anything we post online remains there forever because I will quote this post in 4 more years and you will not be laughing. This country will not look the same if we continue down this path.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Talk about taking a thread off topic. Sorry Phil, I hope you have better luck selling your boat. She looks like a nice one.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Politics is directly linked to our ability to continue to own and use our boats. Unfortunately, many of us may lose this pleasure as our economy tanks and our administration continues to print money.

If you think this is just another election, you will certainly change your mind in another 4 years should there not be a change in Washington.

Do you like $4 Diesel? Good, because it will be $6 or $8 or more by then.

Mark my words. I am so glad that anything we post online remains there forever because I will quote this post in 4 more years and you will not be laughing. This country will not look the same if we continue down this path.
    I think you're right but I don't think a change in the executive branch of our government will be enough to fix this mess. We'll be dealing with this for a long time. As for the price of fuel, I was paying more when Bush was in office. That being said, I don't think the president of the US has nearly as much control over fuel prices as so many think. China and India have become major consumers or oil.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Agree with you tom.
    It may be "harmless fun" for now, but I'll take a punt that the silent majority reading this are dissapointed as well but are staying out of this "fun" because they don't need the attacks.
    There is enough politics wherever we look. I am here as a boater and because it is a dedicated Hatteras site, or supposed to be.
    Connecting the value of our boats to who is in power is ridiculous. In a democracy, the population get the government they deserve becuse the majority WANTED it.
    How about getting back to the pleasure of owning a Hatteras?
    In many ways I agree and like many others, politics has gone way over the top and have become invasive. However, as a point of clarification, America is a Constitutional Republic. In a Republic, one may act on his own or through his representatives when he chooses to solve a problem. The people have no obligation to the government; instead, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People. We do not have majority rule. Article IV, Section 4 of the US Constitution remains inviolate even though many attempts to change it are ongoing.
    Art