Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Trying to sell a Hatteras in this economy ?

I was going to say I lit the fuse on this one, but actually I didn't. That fuse was already lit and burns all the time. And, no, I'm not voting for Romney. Frankly, I thought no one from the GOP was worth much of anything. If they had been able to persuade Daniels or a few others to run, they might have had more of a chance. There are GOP candidates I might have seriously considered, but none of the clowns and wackos that competed. As it is, things don't seem to be looking too good for Mittens.

Next post should say something about "anyone but Obama". Post after that will point out that he wasn't born in USA. Post after that states he's a Muslim and a member of al-Qaeda. I've seen all this before.

Let's re visit the issue after Sundays airing of the 2016 movie, see what comes out of that. The one thing I find interesting about all liberals, they seem to avoid introspection after an election loss, the same idealology carries on and usually gets more dogmatic, I think if they read Milt Freedman they would hopefully broaden their perspective, no insults intended.

I saw 2016 a few weeks ago and found it to be disturbingly informative. I can understand why some voted for Obama the first time around (white guilt, change, etc.) but it's hard to see how anyone who isn't on government assistance (or plans to be) could vote for him again.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I'm sure we all can remember the preacher in the pulpit, roaring out with great conviction "You are all sinners", interesting that after the collection plate was collected, he seemed in a better mood towards the sinners...ah,, the guilt they laid on us, and still try too every day. seems odd though, to place guilt on those who become financially successful, help others and bestow millions on schools and hospitals etc, but no, is never enough for them...

I saw 2016 a week ago and already knew almost everything in the movie. I thought it would have gone into more detail. No talk of the czars and how obama is using them to use regulation to by pass the congress and the legislative branch . Something only a dictator does.
    No talk of the almost 12,000 new regulations that we are saddled with. The war on family farms, Farmers being jailed for selling their food to neighbors, The EPA claiming that all runoff water belongs to the Govt, even rainwater coming off of your roof or a ditch in your yard.

How about the Taliban lawyer being promoted to the #3 spot in the DOJ?
    The list is endless. All the info is out there for anyone who wants to look for it.

Yes the info is out there but the average voter is more interested in watching stars dancing, people singing and housewives from hell than paying attention to how the country and economy is managed. They will chooses president based on how he can sing, how cool he is plus a few sound bites and "news" carefully selected by overpaid talking heads

We are doomed
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Nice to see a thread go political, it's been a long time and glad I just stumbled on this one. I always found them informative. I don't troll political sites and quite honestly I relate better to this group. I'm open to hearing both sides even if a boating site not 'appropriate' venue for it.

I would think that a lot of what happens in politics directly affects us boat owners.

I'm not going to get caught up in Obama's past and I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm simply measuring Obama on his current term in office and so far, he and his party are systematically creating a dependent economy. The thousands of regulations implemented by his administration are designed to implement control and free enterprise is suffering. He is not a leader and our position in the world along with weakening the military places us in great jeopardy.

This is the first time in my 65 years that I have been apprehensive about the future, especially for my kids and grandkids. My son is headed to Afghanistan in Feb, 2013 to serve as an Afghan trainer/advisor. Obama's middle east policies have been destructive and the current "rules of engagement" have caused many military deaths.

We need leadership and commitment to the military and free enterprise. Enough said.
    Art

Hmmm.......so far these posts have not followed the theme that Jim predicted.......

What really irritates me is the class envy that is promoted by this current administration. I look up to those who are more successful than I am. I don't want to tear them down. I aspire to someday get there myself.

In fact, that made me think of how this thread relates to this site. Here is the question: Of those who have purchased a new Hatteras in the last year, how many are voting for Obama and how many are voting for Romney?

I ask, because I would like to be in a position to buy a new Hatteras as well. Maybe those that are more successful than I know something about how they got there and who will make conditions more favorable for them and for me.

Just a thought..............
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI