Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hatteras 48 LRC - WANTED

I am looking for a Hatteras 48 LRC in good condition, preferably stabilized and located on the
    east coast.
    I am familiar with the ones currently for sale on Yachtworld but I am a cash buyer looking for that
    good boat in good condition in which to complete the loop that we started 18 months ago and had to delay to help aging parents.

Thanks in advance
    Gerald

Re: Hatteras 48 LRC - WANTED

There are normally a couple of 48's For Sale By owner on the HatterasLRC site, but a quick glance shows that there are only 65, 58 and 42's currently listed. I'd keep an eye out there and would also encourage joining that "fee" based organization.

http://hatteraslrc.com/LRC%20Buy%20Sell/LRCforsale.htm

You may want to check the air draft? The 48 may not clear the bridge in Chicago even with the mast down. Most were built with folding masts but check that as well. Also you may want to have stabilizers . . .instead of "might want" stabilizers!
    Skooch
    HatterasLRC.com

The bridge in Chicago is 19' and the top of the flybridge with canvas and mast down is 16'6". Close but doable.

Stuart