Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 64' Hatteras Motor Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by TopHattandTails View Post
    First pictures of the boat were me and a friend removing the armoir, other large furniture items at midnight the night she came home.
    I have to give you credit for finishing the trip home without jettisoning that "decor" on the way home.
    That ceiling fan had to be a serious liability, I could just see it trimming someone's bee-hive hairdo. But seriously, nice job on the website. It is nice to see your 53 getting the care she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by TopHattandTails View Post
    This boat aint nothin'. This is what early brothel or funeral parlor looks like when we purchased our 53MY:

Attachment 12028

Don't worry - that was all ripped out 4 years ago!
    I hafta give you credit. It takes a very practiced eye and a strong stomach to see past that and sign on the line despite,... uhhh,...
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Soft goods are one of the cheapest things to redo on a yacht. That and an electronics suite. I do think the current interior is pretty awful, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Soft goods are one of the cheapest things to redo on a yacht. That and an electronics suite.
    I think that would hinge on your definition of "electronics suite". You can hit $50K+ in a hurry.
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Some of the soft goods are a little over the top but a lot of the expensive work has already been done incl wood, floorings, countertops etc...

Mirrors do wonders to make a room look bigger, pretty standard on modern boats.

PS: Hi Michael!
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat