Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 64' Hatteras Motor Yacht

Tough crowd.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Taste is personal, like the wise man said, that's why there is a man for every woman (and visa versa for the PC) and thank G-d we don't like all the same things.
    BUT
    it is bloody horrible for a yacht yet the easiest thing to fix.....with your taste.
    My initial opinion was WOW!!!!!!! What wonderful timberwork and the boat has beautiful lines. Pity no cockpit.
    Just my 2c.

You may not like some of the decorating, but what is there is beautifully executed. A friend/customer of mine directed my attention to this boat a few weeks ago as a boat that has his interest. I spent some time looking at those photos. IMO, It would not be too big of a job to merely "tone down" some of the more "over the top" elements.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I'm not a fan of all the mirrors in the heads and other places, but I struggle to see what is "horrible" about the interior. Some of the color schemes are a little different, but nothing is really ugly. And a few bed spread changes and throw carpet changes would fix most of that up. Looks like a nice kept boat in really nice shape.

Except it doesn't have a cockpit, as mentioned.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

After hearing all the commentary I had to look and see what a brothel looks like.

I agree about the mirrors, but neither that nor the other upholstery and soft goods should be a deal breaker for what otherwise appears to be a very well maintained boat. It's personal taste and the owner is certainly entitled to do whatever they like on THEIR boat.

Of course, since I don't follow the MY market, I have no idea if that's a realistic price or not. I would just think there are more critical factors that would decide that.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

This boat aint nothin'. This is what early brothel or funeral parlor looks like when we purchased our 53MY:

Aft Interior.jpg

Don't worry - that was all ripped out 4 years ago!
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

Quote Originally Posted by TopHattandTails View Post
    This boat aint nothin'. This is what early brothel or funeral parlor looks like when we purchased our 53MY:

Attachment 12028

Don't worry - that was all ripped out 4 years ago!
    Mercy, that would even give a dog the dry heaves.

And the show stopper was that the PO was really very proud of it. He hired a "professional" decorator to redo the entire boat; tile floors, granite counter tops, new formica throughout, carpet, blinds, drapes, furniture, wall paper in the heads, new hardwood floors in the galley; the list goes on and on. It was great installation, cost the guy a fortune, but was just crap taste! He had it all installed in April of the year we purchased, and I ripped it all out the weekend we moved the boat home (May). It was on the boat a grand total of 30 days. It was never used! Sold it on eBay and garage sales for pennies on the dollar. That aft salon wicker dining set went for $250 (no one ever sat at that table or chairs)... First pictures of the boat were me and a friend removing the armoir, other large furniture items at midnight the night she came home.
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

Please, No more calls - We have a winner! WOOF.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Hi All,

She has beautiful bones. The bright work is beautiful, the (inlaid) carpeting is OK, the appliances are nice as is the galley floor. Nice granite in the galley and heads. Some salvageable Decor' items..........the mirrors, head boards and 90% of the furniture have to go as well as maybe 50% of the soft goods...

Nothing a few of days of shopping, and a few days of renovation and about 8k couldn't cure.......she could be stunning.....and it would be capital FUN
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four