Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

64' Hatteras Motor Yacht

Looking at Yachtworld last night. There is a 64 Hatteras Motor Yacht in North Palm Beach, FL. A million in upgrades including recent rebuilds on 1271s with modern V-Drives replacing the old ones. (Huge item with this model). Asking $409,000.

Remember, I'm all about value not price. No, I haven't seen it. But if it is that nice, This could be a "bargain" for the guy who was considering a 64.

Pizzazsdaddy

Re: 64' Hatteras Motor Yacht

A good friend of mine owns a 64 like the one referenced here. It is a huge boat for a 64. Gotta say it is also a real yacht. Great layout and, in my opinion, a slightly higher quality level than the standard 15'10" boats of that era. Leonce Richard of Jarrett Bay sold this boat about a year ago and knows it well. While it seems like a bunch of money it is quite a boat. People hate the v drives (and probably for good reason), but it sure helps in the layout.

My personal opinion is that the individual (s) who were responsible for decorating the 64MY mentioned above ought to be sent to a reeducation camp. Preferably in the Gulag. The interior of the boat is hideous. The rest of it looks pretty good. Yacht decoration of that kind is an embarrassment.

Wink Re: 64' Hatteras Motor Yacht

Aw shucks......tell us how you really feel!

Nice looking yacht. I think v drives have come a long way and the current generation reverse gear from zf is a big upgrade. That engine room is huge.

Fabric is not my speed but not that bad and easy to look past.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Sorry for the polemic. You have to admit, though, that it looks pretty awful. Like a brothel, and not even a good one....

And you know the decor of a good brothel, how?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Ya see...

I tried to be nice and ignore the hellish interior decor of this 64. I was trying to look beyond that. This might be the nicest 64 out there, aside from it's interior. I was thinking more along the lines of "The Munsters after hitting Lotto"!!! But then again, how many 53 Hatteras Main Salons have you seen decorated at Rooms to Go? I know...too many!

I feel the 64 and 70 Deckhouse Hatteras Motor Yachts were most the exceptional true Motor Yachts in both design and function ever built in that size category. By Anyone. With Quality that no longer exists today. What beautiful boats they were, and still are.

The term expensive brothel might cover it most politely regarding the interior decor of this one.

Here is a link:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1981.../United-States

I've always liked this layout.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Cool Re: 64' Hatteras Motor Yacht

The interior design (soft goods) of this beautiful yacht should remain "classified".
    In this age of political correctness I cann't write what I really think of the interior.
    It has something to do with ........brothel.

Anyway, it is a beautiful vessel and who ever buys her can always go to IKEA.
    Someone with a harem will buy the other stuff.

HGF