Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spiral transom steps

Due to the fact that my wife fell of the ladder on our 43MY two years ago landing on the swim platform breaking many bones in ankle and foot I need to find a better way in getting her onto the swim platform.and into the dinghy. Carver made one in house on several models but no longer have the tooling available. Any leads greatly appreciated
    Werner Schoenknecht- MIRAGE.

Re: Spiral transom steps

Marquipt makes them, but I think they are specially built for each application and very pricey.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

i saw one this past summer made like spiral stairs from the deck to the platform. they were made out of aluminum and powder coated

4. Re: Spiral transom steps

I had a set custom built. I will post a picture later today.

Hi Beachcomber,
    Thanks for the offer of a picture looking forward to viewing it. Also would like to know who made it and what you had to supply for the fabrication.
    Thanks
    Werner Schoenknecht MIRAGE

There was a 54 Hat for sale in Annapolis a couple of years back that had spiral steps to the swim platform. The platform had to be extended to accomodate it. The boat has sold, but it was listed by Walczak Yacht Brokers. Perhaps they could help you, and please share any info you receive.
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

7. Re: Spiral transom steps

Here are the steps I had made for ours.08.12 090.jpg08.12 089.jpg08.12 091.jpg

Very nice work!! There doesn't appear to be any attachment to the transom other than the base plate to the swim platform. Cost to duplicate??
    Greg Harrington
    43 DCFB 1977 w/Cummins 903 M1 (340HP)
    Hull #454

Hi Beachcombe,
    Thank you ever so much. Had the wife try the spiral steps on a Carver yesterday and she was able to negotiate them just fine. It appears you have the original swim platform which would allow me to have the dinghy on the Weaver rather than the top. When you get a chance I would appreciate the name of the manufacturer as well as the width remaining of the platform. You have no idea of the help you are giving us. After her fall onto the swim platform and resulting injuries we figured our cruising days would be numbered
    Thanks again,
    Werner Schoenknecht- MIRAGE.

Hi Beachcomber,
    Still could use some additional info. Such as source and is there an attachment to the transom or is it just mounted to the swim platform.
    Thanks Werner-Mirage