Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fire Light on Helm Stays On

Folks,
    My fire light came on during the comissioning of the boat in the spring and I cant get it to turn off. I have had the CO2 system checked out and they wieghted the unit in place and checked to make sure it was functional. Does anyone know if the fire light can be reset. There is no alarm signal its just the light that is coming on? Thanks for any input.

Re: Fire Light on Helm Stays On

I need to know a little more about your boat. Model and type engines. If you would please just give me a call while you are on the boat I think we can fix it over the phone.
    Roger Wetherington
    252-670-4819 rwetheringt@centurylink.net
    Sam's Marine
    www.samsmarine.com

Check the sending unit. Likely it is a red sensor box plumbed into the CO2 delivery pipes near the CO2 tank. There is a pushbutton on top which pops up if it is pulled up to test or pushed up from CO2 pressure when the system fires. Just push it back down.

Quote Originally Posted by True Grit View Post
    Folks,
    My fire light came on during the comissioning of the boat in the spring and I cant get it to turn off. I have had the CO2 system checked out and they wieghted the unit in place and checked to make sure it was functional. Does anyone know if the fire light can be reset. There is no alarm signal its just the light that is coming on? Thanks for any input.
    Listen to Roger he designed the system if you are on a Hatt.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF