Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flooring

Re: Flooring

I appreciate the Amtico photos posted here several years ago, and wonder if any of the posters on this thread are still around. I am a new owner of a 1985 43' Hatteras. The salon floor has several ER hatches, which make the idea of putting in a new floor daunting, but the Berber carpet is frayed around the cutouts and generally looks very tired. Does anyone have a source for putting in flooring where there are cut outs involved?

Same. Super impressed with the Amtico photos, how's it holding up? I have that cheesy old flexible glue-down vinyl fake wood stuff you can spot from a mile away in my galley, forward cabin, and hallway, then ugly blue/gray carpet in the aft hallway and master. It's all begging to be replaced. I really like the amtico.

I put Amtico T&H in the master head a few years ago. It looks good but what a PITA to install.

I just installed floating vinyl planking in the salon, tongue and groove. Mannington Aduramax African sunset. They have strips that install around edges. I ve also done the old galley area which is my workshop for now. Easy install, cheap hit looks pretty nice.

We installed the same flooring a few years ago in an 84’ Lazzara I was running. Excellent wear except of one thing. Dancing in high heels left some small dimples…

We are in the process of using similar flooring in the 116 footer I run now. See pictures. I wouldn’t have picked that color but I just drive the boat
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Dang that looks really good. Looks like real wood too. Much better than the stuff I've got.

And super easy to install. Most cuts can be done with a utility knife. I think it comes down about $6 a sqare foot
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks for all this. I don't know what we'll find when we pull up the carpet, but based on threads I've read on Hatteri of mine's vintage, I'm guessing linoleum with asbestos adhesive. Could the product you installed go on top of linoeum, or am I begging for trouble?

And if there's anyone reading this in the Potomac/mid-Chesapeake area who know an installer who would be good to work with, I'd appreciate contact information.

Thanks again

We did 1/4” teak and holly. Picture shows the hatches.
    1- main hatch on hinges so it stays in place in use. No movement of a heavy hatch or need for someplace to put it.
    2- forward access hatch. Flooring is glued to hatch but not to the fixed 12”side to side support. That area is held down with hinge screws for hatch #1.
    3 & 4- engine hatches.
    5- aft hatch that is glued to hatch but left floating at salon entry area. Cannot tell by walking on it that it’s not glued down so we did not have to add any screws.

In the process of removing 1, 2, and 4 for starboard engine work. #4 is the one I am hoping doesn’t need any surgery to remove as it extends a few inches under the wet bar.
    Attached Images
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP