Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12 volt breaker

12 volt breaker

I've read a bit on breakers for our old boats and now find myself in need of a 12 volt 20 amp breaker It needs to fit in a 1973 panel. I can't find any amperage or maker id's. Anyone have one or any sugestions since I can't figure out the brand. Thanks Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

2. Re: 12 volt breaker

If none of the guru's know the answer offhand.... I'll pull one of mine out tomorrow and see what I can find........
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: 12 volt breaker

Not a name or an amp rating on them. My center bilge pump breaker must be weak since it's tri'pping replaced the pump with no diference. Put a 15 amp fuse in the line in lieu of the breaker and it's fine so guess it a breaker. Funny they have no name or rating on mine. Thanks really help to know what they are. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Airpax.

Try SAMs.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

If Sams doesn't have what you need, just pull another 20amp spare from another panel. All of the breakers are the same no matter the voltage.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Took another look you're dead on they marked patent and air pax on the side but I still don't see the rating unless it's on the side I can't see. Thanks, Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

You should be able to get the part number off the breaker, it is quite possible it is on the side you can not see. I believe airpax is still in business.

Measure the breaker I found some that fit on great lakes skipper cheap !

All of mine had a sticker with the rating. The stickers tend to fall off and I don't see any number marked on them otherwise.

I understand that the style Hatteras used are no longer made, but SAMs has some stock. SAMs can probably tell you what size they are by application.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Mine were Heinman Eaton,on a 88 40DCMY. I purchased Air Pax from a marine electrical supply in Ft Lauderdale FL, but I can't remember the name of the buisness.