Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 48' MY wanted

48' MY wanted

I'm looking for a nice early 80's 48 MY. Prefer the natural engines. Please reply if you haave one or are know of one that will soon be for sale.

Bob

Re: 48' MY wanted

There is a broker up in Jersey that has a 48MY in TN. (my brother in law has been looking, but decided on a 53) The boat is very clean, low 200s. I bought my 65 enclosed bridge from him 2 years ago, and I'll never do business with anyone else. Good guy. His contact info: Cardinal and Associates 609-553-1510.

Check with Walstrom Marine, Cheboygan, MI. They have a cockpit MY 48'...year..I do not know. They are a Hatt dealer.

Skipper Bud's has an 84 - 48 MY that looks good, $269,000.

Thanks friends. I am aware of these... would prefer to find a good one on the east coast.

A number of these 48 MY's that I have seen have soft decks typically beginning at a fitting or screw. Is there some inherrent fault with these boats, and how difficult and expensive is it to get a proper repair.

Bob

Call Doug Ford at 843-209-8755. He is a broker and had a lead on an 84 48 with Naturals. Boat is in South Carolina.
    Grant