Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Can two Sentry battery chargers be connected in parallel?

I want to connect two Sentry 3230 fr series charger to be able to charge a 275 amp battery bank. the charging is only done when generator is on, so the idea is to be able to charge the batteries in the less time possible. Will this work ok? how should I connect the chargers to the batteries?
    thanks for the help!!

Re: Can two Sentry battery chargers be connected in parallel?

Unless one controls both there will be voltage sensing issues.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Oh yeah I can see it
    The one see a high voltage from the other so it backs off and the other does the same then they see low voltage turn back on. My though is it will take longer and never get a good charge.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

My Sentry 3230 charges a Rolls 275ah house bank just fine, along with a 185 ah bank on the other side. I suppose your concern is if you run the bank down significantly, say 50% so looking at 4 or 5 hours of charging? (Assuming the engines haven't been run, such as being at anchor or on a mooring).
    Kind of depends on your boating lifestyle. When anchored or moored, we are running the genset a couple of times a day to cook, do laundry, dishwasher, in our case recharge the inverter bank too, so whatever the time it takes the Sentry is not an issue.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014