Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This is "Home"

This is "Home"

Hey guys,
    I just left one of the other boating sites. Some guy was giving another fellow a hard time. Bickering and ridicule seems to be the norm on some sites. I have come to the realization that this is my favorite site, I really love this site. It is the first place I go to when I fire up the computer in the morning, and the last place I visit before shuting it down for the night. I consider it hands down, the best site for Hatteras owners. Yes there is the common bond of owning a Hatteras that we have with one another. But I think more than that what I enjoy is you just don’t see the "click" that I see on some of the other sites. Also you don’t see anyone looking down there noses at others, or thinking that they are better than someone else because there Hatteras is “bigger” or “newer”. I suppose the bottom line is this. "Hatteras owners have class” I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for making this site the great place that it is.

And of course the guys at Sam's for putting up with us.
    C.Y. MANLEY
    WATSON LA.
    1967 41 CONV.

Re: This is "Home"

Ditto, me too!

Thanks to all who have helped me out. I have learned so much from here.

Ditto.

And not only have I learned alot from this site, but it has saved me a few boating bucks too.

This site is a tremendous resource.

The folks at Sam's have helped me out with their knowledge and parts consistently!!!

Thanks for the site!!

Thanks to fellow owners!

Seawise - You're right!

I just got flamed big time over at yachtforums.com for mentioning this site. I was accused of violating terms of use, diverting traffic, and other offenses by a member only to get pounced on again by the forum administrator.

From now on ..This is "Home"
    Last edited by Passages; 08-24-2006 at 07:59 AM.

Re: This is "Home"/ Dissed Elsewhere

Ditto being dissed at Yachtforums...they blew me off...then again, it caters to a class of yacht owner well beyond my means. I went there by error you might say. But this is a great site...

Wink Re: This is "Home"

I enjoy this site very much. Everyone treats each other the way they would like to be treated. I have learned a bunch about our Hatteras and have tried to pass some of my aircraft mechanic knowledge along to others on the site. This site just works GREAT!!!

I too enjoy this site very much. The posting members seem to be more polite than you'll find at any other boating site, and more experienced as well. There is of course the comraderie that comes from being fellow owners of a fine old marque, but it's more than that.
    I tried the boater ed forum too, but it's a bunch of beginners with trailerboats. I have nothing in common with the members.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

9. Re: This is "Home"

I think that this group has arrived at a certain level of reality that eludes others. We don't have to impress anyone other than ourselves and our selected friends. This forum is like finding an oasis in the desert, while wear you favorite pair of old shoes, you know the really comfortable ones that you wife hates.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com