Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Freedom Inverter Help

I have a Freedom 20 32 volt inverter/ charger that now does niether, has anyone had these units
    repaired and where could I get more information, Thanks in advance'
    Cheers Stewart

Re: Freedom Inverter Help

A few years ago I had my freedom 30 repaired under warranty twice by a local shop listed on the Xantrex site.

Personally, depending on the age of the unit and the repair costs, i d be reluctant to throw any $ at it and would consider replacing it. Those freedoms don't have a good rep.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Had one of my Freedom 20s die on me on our maiden voyage after buying SERENITY years ago. Found that Xantrex will no longer service or repair 32 volt units. Was about to replace the unit when I finally found TEKRIS, a small company in New Jersey. They repaired the unit relatively cheaply/quickly, rebuilding the motherboard, and it has performed beautifully ever since. Will PM you if I find their contact info, but I think you can Google them.

Thanks for the replys, I have been moving the boat from Bradrenton Fl to Toronto On for the last month, and internet has not been that good I am waiting for lake weather in Brewerton NY so
    will contact Tekris tomorrow, the address I found is Farmingdale NJ , please advise if that is correct, and if possible any contact person Thanks Stewart

Yes that is the right Tekris. Anyone can help when you call.....

Jumping in a tad late but i've used tekris on both my units a few years ago since they repaired them (knock on wood) i've never had a problem with them. I'm a very satisfied customer. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

I spoke to Chris Hanraham this morning, he said he could repair it, I removed it to ship and
    decided to open it up I found a circuitboard with a burned out track I soldered it and reinstalled
    now it works perfectly, so now Ill wait and see how long it lasts.
    Cheers Stewart